Hi there,

First post! Apologies for it being such a long-winded one!!!

I've got all three volumes of the History of Middle Earth Deluxe Edition, published in 2000/1. When they first were released I paid £100 for each volume:

The History of Middle Earth. 3 Volumes, by Harper Collins Publishers
Designed to match the previous deluxe editions of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings this set brings together all the volumes of The History of Middle Earth into three volumes. Set in matching black slipcase, these collector's hardbacks are limited to 1000 copies and have been printed on fine India paper in order to bring the pages of material down to manageable-sized books. Half black leather in original publishers slip cases. Has the large Tolkien Monogram to the front boards. Housed in custom cloth slipcase with the Tolkien Monogram on the exterior, matching the gilt design on the book. All edges gilded.

Can anyone give me an approximate idea of what they are worth these days? Theres one copy of Vol.2 for sale on Amazon for over £1000, and another copy on eBay for £300..

As you've probably guessed, I'm looking to sell these fine books. I'm in some serious financial strife and am hoping to be able to sell these books to get rid of a large chunk of that.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!