From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
A few changes for the website:

1. Slightly more friendly auction tracking page

http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/auctions

It now has a little better navigation when you enter an item number into the form, and will go to an item page such as:

http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/auctions/261188633254

You can put any item number at the end of that link and it will try to get the data for it. Also, it will cache the data so the page will load much faster after the first time.

2. More friendly data shown in forum posts that have eBay auction links mentioned in them.

Instead of the item photo attached at the bottom of your post, now there is a small block off to the right with the thumbnail image, title, auction number, and other data available in it.

3. Easier to read links

If you paste an ebay item link into a forum post, the link will be automatically updated to make it easier to read and track clicks.

More to come, just getting the framework in place.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 23:01

Re: TCG eBay functionality updated
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Ok, fixed two problems that Laurin666 found:

1. Links submitted for other ebay sites (.de for example) should go to those sites, not to ebay.com

My link processing was always going to ebay.com. It now will go to the site as submitted in the forum post.

2. High prices weren't saving correctly

Items over 1000.00 (any currency) weren't saving correctly due to a spurious separator (1,000.00) that I somehow missed.

Thanks Laurin666! Everyone please let me know if you see anything else strange.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 1:57

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Jeremy, I wanted to find out the best offer price accepted for a HPL auction I was watching. Remember when you put up the original simple auction number search --can we still do this?, or do I now have to "submit" these to the site? i.e. I don't really want to be clogging up this section with non-Tolkien related book auction data. Is the old function still there? (I can't recall where, in the forum, this was discussed.)

BH

Posted on: 2013/9/25 12:48

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
At the moment everything is cached once you look at it here, but that's fine. I still need to add additional functionality, including hiding/forgetting auctions that aren't a good fit for the site. I don't mind you using the tool for non-Tolkien related auctions here - it may well grow into a standalone site in addition to here, in order to support collectors getting more value out of eBay, so the more people use it, the more data I have for making it better/finding bugs/adding features.

Posted on: 2013/9/25 14:28

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Another dummy question, related to the auction section. Looking at the source, it sometimes just has "Urulöké"; & sometimes it has "Urulöké (via eBay)" --how do you link directly from eBay without going to the auction section of TCG? (Or is this just you?) Also, see when you're putting in links in your post (to an auction), how are people doing this? Are we still using the URL link tab when composing posts? (I see most people just have the item number --& the auction data comes up on the right.) I'm being a dumbass here, how exactly are we doing this?; as when I did it the automatic link didn't come up in my post...

BH

Posted on: 2013/10/13 6:54

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.