(1) 2 3 4 »

June Giveaway!
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
The TCG website giveaways were on furlough for a few months there for a couple of reasons - one, the Children of Hurin release party sponsorship where TCG gave away a couple of signed Hildebrant prints, and two, I wasn't around for a while there.

Hopefully I will be around much more often now, to keep the site up to date and moving forward in the guide database entries.

One thing I never mentioned before, I realized - Dior, who won the first giveaway, graciously donated his winnings into the next giveaway. So, the possible prizes for the month of June include all of the prior ones. I will add a few more I think as I have time this upcoming week.

A. 2005 16 month "The Tolkien Art of the Brothers Hildebrant" calendar, still brand new and sealed in shrinkwrap.

B. Orcrist #3 (Tolkien Journal Vol. 4. no. 1, whole number 11) - Cover art "The Hornberg in Helm's Deep" by Tim Kirk.

C. Four vintage 1960's buttons - "Frodo Lives" (green and red), "Tolkien is Hobbit Forming", "Come to Middle-earth". (Yes, they are a bit stained - they're old!)

Everyone who posts to the TCG website (discussion forums, guide entries, classifieds, events, news, comments, links) will be entered in the drawing. One entry per person per month. Since some of the methods allow anonymous postings, I will only include those in the drawing if I can identify who made the post. Malicious posts (I have a couple of comment spammers I am fighting off right now) don't count.

Expect a security measure on some postings soon.

Good to be back!

Posted on: 2007/5/31 17:18

Re: June Giveaway!
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hey, it's July now, isn't it. I was out of the country most of May adopting, and then getting settled most of June (spent all of last week and more in the hospital for my new daughter's heart surgery, back home and doing well now) and everyone else seems to be on summer break...

It surely was a quiet June! How about this - any regular (someone who's posted before) who replies here in the next week or so that they are interested, I will send them a couple of the vintage buttons. They're fun!

Posted on: 2007/7/5 17:40

Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Am I too late...?

Posted on: 2007/7/18 15:59

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Nope! Anyone else?

Posted on: 2007/7/18 20:16

Not too shy to talk
From Tulsa Oklahoma USA
Group:
Shirefolk
I am much too late.. or not......

I am looking to find pins/buttons/badges whatever they are called, I have literally spent 6 hours online and I cant find any? Where do you find them? Ebay as no real vintage ones, is there a catalog or list somewhere to find what pin were actually created? The best guide I have to go on so far is this picture
Open in new window

PLEASE HELP ME!!

and this page

http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/w ... sson+Buttons&back=Buttons

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

-TOM

Posted on: 2007/12/31 22:06

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.