4 hours 49 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Quiet in here
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Cool! I'm looking forward to that... will for sure ask Andy where Joe Kraemer is! Sounds like next weekend is going to be one of many merry meetings! Will be there from Friday till Tuesday! See you all there.

Posted on: 2008/3/31 23:46

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
I arrive early Saturday afternoon, and will be there until Monday afternoon. Sounds like it is goig to be a very enjoyable Tolkien weekend.

Posted on: 2008/4/2 9:17

Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Real life has been intruding, so I haven't done much on the Tolkien front for quite some time.

I did manage to get down to the exhibition at the weekend though - it was good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Ted Nasmith's new illustrations for the George RR Martin books were fantastic, and Jef Murray's artwork was very striking when seen close up.

There was also a small exhibition of Tolkienalia including his panama hat, a letter to his brother, a letter from Mabel Tolkien to her sister (dated 1894), signed first editions of The Hobbit and Tom Bombadil, some unpublished photos and (courtesy of Beren) a selection of books from his library.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 13:25

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
...very quite again...
eBay been pretty poor too; I've only bought one Tolkien book this month!

BH

Posted on: 2008/6/29 9:33

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Indeed, quiet everywhere. I have not bought much in the last month either. Seems to be a lack of rare/scarce/quality/interesting editions coming to market at the moment. Most of my purchases have just been New Books (mostly criticism). Though there are a few interesting new releases (and some more to come in the following months).

I suppose with the increase in the number of Tolkien Collectors over th e past number of years, it is inevitable that the scarcer editions will just become even more scarce as time goes on (and the books get placed permanently in collections).

Maybe if the Hobbit Movies become certain, it may encourage more books back onto the market.

In the current economic climate also, I suppose not too many seller's want to sell quality books into a poor market.

No idea what I am talking about really. Just speculating out of boredom.......

Posted on: 2008/6/29 15:14

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]