ohypmzn86
13 hours 38 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Collecting
Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
I am new and would love to see if anyone has a listing of what was collectables were offered back in the 1978 release of LOTR. I have several old puzzles and would like to start a collection. Please let me know what else people have.
Thanks

Posted on: 2007/2/14 19:21

Re: Collecting
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
O... i would not know where to start... there where so many collectables back then. I got posters, puzzles, belt buckles, belts, little toy puppets, pins, movie related press sets, booklets, pagemarkers, mugs, art prints, ... too much to just say what i got. I think there is a little booklet which might be interesting for you. The name just slips me know (something like Tolkien ephemera... it lists a lot of collectables). Might get you a photocopy. Sadly I 'm just moving houses and am right in the middle, with all books in disorder and everywhere... so i'm unable to get it right away.

Secondly I think Rowns is building a list right here at this site which will list all that stuff. Hope one day to put in all my puzzles (since i got a lot of those)

Posted on: 2007/2/15 6:42

Not too shy to talk
From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I think the booklet Beren mentioned is the "List Of Tolkienalia", a Beyond Bree-publication by Nancy Martsch.
The Tolkienshop (http://www.tolkienshop.com) has still some copies for sale.

Posted on: 2007/2/15 10:55

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Thanks Tinfang! Just the one I was thinking about!

Posted on: 2007/2/15 13:07

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
That's the book - all text (no pictures). There is also Treasures From the Misty Mountains by James Gillam that has pictures (between pages 127 and 143, but not all Bakshi related materials). It is nowhere near complete in any sense, and sometimes inaccurate, but some of its pictures of rarities are nice for reference.

Thanks for stopping by lapo! Hopefully we can all work on filling out the Guide section on these materials together. Any images and descriptions you can give me I will add to the guide ASAP, if you don't feel like trying it yourself.

Posted on: 2007/2/15 23:27

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]