Joshua MacDougall
13 hours 43 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

1991 Polish Game
Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Hi.

I'm new here, and I specialize in movie trilogy collectibles, which I tout at my (shameless plug here, let's get it out of the way....) website at www.springlering.com

I am doing a trade with a fellow in Poland, who is sending me what he says is a 1991 LOTR (possibly Hobbit) board game in Polish.

There's a bit of a language barrier, I have fuzzy pictures of cards and a gameboard. I've traded with him before, and he's reliable, so I know it'll get here, eventually, and will be what he says.

He's just determined I should have it, and he's a great trader, so I don't want to offend him, but, I will have no use for it, it's pre-movie.

If anyone's interested, I will gladly swap it for any unusual LOTR movie trilogy item for my own collection (once it gets here, of course). Can provide extensive references, since ya'll don't know me.

Will also be at ALEP later this month, and can introduce myself in person.

There is a very slim chance I might even have it in hand by then, although I doubt it.

Anyway, email me if interested, and please keep me in mind if you book collectors stumble on movie stuff you don't care for. In true Hobbit fashion, I am particularly fond of consumables like soda cups, candy wrappers, popcorn bags, cereal and snack premiums, etc, as well as press material.

Thanks,
Mel aka Springlering

Posted on: 2008/9/13 9:01

Re: 1991 Polish Game
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hi Mel, and welcome aboard! No problem on the website plug, you have been in the links section for almost exactly two years now. Great site!

We have at least one regular Polish member here (Elfy / Marek) who may be able to help you out if you need it. He is a prolific collector, multilingual, and a member of the Polish Tolkien Society so he may even know the collector you are dealing with.

Is the game you are being offered perhaps this one?

http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/w ... .php?page=WojnaOPierscien

I may be able to work something out with you for a trade if no-one else steps up. Feel free to post trades/offers/advertisements here in the forums for anything Tolkien related - the site is definitely meant to cater to more than book collectors, and there is traffic in the other Guide categories, though I don't have nearly the database you do on movie collectibles by far.

Posted on: 2008/9/14 20:24

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Hi, Jeremy.

Thanks for the info. He's sent me photos of the game itself. I'm not sure if it's the same one, so I have sent him the link you provided to ask him.

He's not a LOTR collector himself. He collects in another movie field, our paths crossed a while back, and I occasionally trade him American things from his genre for Polish LOTR, (which is why I have a reputation amongst friends and family for "whoring for Frodo".) But seriously, it's nice to have trade relationships with reliable people you're not actually competing with, lol! Makes life much easier.

Thanks muchly for the link. I've had your very nice site on my links page, too.

On the subject of trades, I am looking for the silver foil Nestlé promo poster from the UK. It was a FOTR movie promo, late 2001, early 2002. I think maybe you had to send in proofs of purchase to get one back via mail?

I would happily trade for one. I have the gold, which was the more "premium" version, but never got around to getting a silver one, which I always regretted.

This is the gold one. It is foil, etched, and very reflective.Quite an odd promo, considering how easily they damaged, but a beautiful one.
[img width=300]Photobucket[/img]

Posted on: 2008/9/20 12:13

Home away from home
From The Green Hill Country
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
If anyone is interested in that game, it would be Mike or Dave at:

http://www.freewebs.com/tolkienboardgamecollecting/gamerarity.htm

You can contact them via their website.

Away from The Green Hill Country,