Khamûl
5 hours 4 minutes ago

Trotter
6 hours 29 minutes ago

Morgan
10 hours 44 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Super Deluxe Children of Hurin - Great Price for U.S. Collectors!
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Stu wrote:
Would be interested to hear what number they have gotten up to so far when the book turns up. My guess would be around about the 300 mark, maybe slightly lower.
Stu

Just received two copies today - #339 and #340.

Posted on: 2008/12/9 16:28

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Thanks for the information alpingloin.

I am surprised they have sold as far as copy number 340. At a guess (and considering that they can now sell to the USA), this edition may sell out by mid next year. Much quicker than I thought with the price at £350. Of course, Sterling has depreciated dramatically against all other currencies in the past number of months, so I suppose it has been getting cheaper as the year has progressed. And with the additional 10% discount coupon and their large reduction in postage charges (previously £36 to Europe), it has become more reasonable to purchase.

Posted on: 2008/12/10 6:41

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Yes, Remy, I agree that it shouldn't require some super aggressive marketing (like put them on Amazon) to sell these out within the next 6 to 12 months. The problem with selling them is that you actually have to have a functioning website in order to sell product. It seems that providing such a site has proven difficult for HC. I suppose I could see them continuing to discount the book for some time (maybe even reduce the price to 300GBP) in order to move the last hundred or so.

Posted on: 2008/12/10 7:48

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
The new Tolkien.co.uk website is offering 20% off now. That brings the Super Deluxe CoH down to 280GBP. I guess the discounts have deepened already!

From their forum...

"To celebrate the festive season, and to thank you for your patience, we are offering you a special discount of 20% off all titles ordered from the website up to the end of December 2008. All you have to do is enter the discount code TOLK22 in the discount code box at the shopping basket and 20% will be taken off the total amount of your books."

Posted on: 2008/12/11 20:11

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Alp,

Couldn't pass up that 20% Signed Limited Deluxe Children of Hurin discount coupon of yours, thx friend.

Placed an order for 2 copies this day (keep one, sell one strategy). The 20% discount should help move the remaining copies along, I know it's motivated me. Should prove to be interesting to see where the numbers are when mine arrives. Will post #'s when they arrive in 7-10 days, perhaps less. High numbers will be better than no numbers.

$1,033.00 -20% = $826.40 / 2 = $413.20 per copy.

Per copy savings = $103.30. $206.60 realized for the two, not too shabby..!

The savings is sweet,,, still.. it's well over $400 a book, a little on the stiff side, but should double/triple in the next 5 years on the weight of the signatures alone. Not to mention that the CoH is a destined classic in it's own rite... ever bring CoH to the big screen.. it'll smash all the records (IMHO).

CoH was a great read, this deluxe edition with two great signatures make it a great collectible, am pleased to add it to my collection.

TT

Posted on: 2008/12/30 9:18

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.