(1) 2 »

Farmer Giles of Ham '60th Anniversary' Edition
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
[If anyone notices this new jacketed version could they post news of it in this thread?]

TL. It must be for sure that there are other books coming out this year... For example this year it was 70 years ago that Tolkien published "The Reeve’s Tale" ( Version Prepared for Summer Diversions, Oxford), maybe it would be great to have such a rare piece republished? Farmer Giles of Ham will become 60 this year and would be nice to have in a 'special' edition!

DB. To mark its 60th anniversary, Farmer Giles of Ham - the 50th Anniversary Edition with notes by Hammond & Scull - has been reprinted in hardback with a new jacket - only 500 copies have been printed

Tolkien publications for 2009 by Harper Collins - Q&A with David Brawn (12.02.09)
-Tolkien Library

BH

Posted on: 2009/2/17 5:56

Re: Farmer Giles of Ham '60th Anniversary' Edition
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Farmer Giles of Ham 60th Anniversary Edition (17.02.09)

Courtesy of TolkienLibrary (Cheers PC!)

BH

Posted on: 2009/2/19 13:27

Just can't stay away
From Tolkien Society Unquendor in the Netherlands
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Well, the cover is in the link to Amazon. And the entry there is a usual Amazon hotchpotch. The cover says "60th anniversary edition", the review says 50th anniversary edition, the detailed data give the 1999 date of the 50th anniversary edition. The title is non-committal and has a typo (probably made by someone who could not read black letter).

I'm not doubting Beren, but Amazon's descriptions do not inspire me with any confidence in their accuracy.

Also, Amazon indicates the book as 'in stock', while at the same time HC website is totally silent about it. Not very likely.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 20:55

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I ordered this book from a 3rd Party Seller on Amazon (after emailing to check that the DJ showed '60th Annviversary').

Arrived today and all looks okay. DJ does indeed state '60th Anniversary' on the DJ cover.

So looks like the book is in print. Not sure why it has not appeared on the tolkien.co.uk website yet though.

Posted on: 2009/2/23 5:00

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I have just ordered a copy.

Out of interest does it state that it is limited to 500 copies in the book?

Andrew

Posted on: 2009/2/23 5:17

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.