Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Sigurd and Gudrun Deluxe
Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I'm wondering of the picture actually shows a standard edition in a deluxe slipcase(?) Perhaps it was a mockup picture taken before the actual deluxes were printed?

Still, good to hear that the new book matches the others. Looking forward to getting an Amazon delivery in the next couple of weeks!

Stu

Posted on: 2009/5/7 18:31

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I'm wondering of the picture actually shows a standard edition in a deluxe slipcase(?)

Yes, that is exactly what is shown in the picture, I didn't spot that.

I had time this morning to take some pictures of the actual book.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0027.JPG (109.15 KB)
10_4a03c56fb98e3.jpg 821X768 px

jpg  IMG_0028.JPG (93.89 KB)
10_4a03c584904d0.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  IMG_0029.JPG (86.54 KB)
10_4a03c5942781b.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  IMG_0030.JPG (104.99 KB)
10_4a03c5a40585c.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  IMG_0031.JPG (51.88 KB)
10_4a03c5b947b58.jpg 465X1024 px

jpg  IMG_0032.JPG (57.36 KB)
10_4a03c5c8a23bb.jpg 628X1024 px

Posted on: 2009/5/7 22:40

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Great photos, Trotter. I have been curious to see the book, but have to wait a few more days for mine to arrive in the US. Amazon.co.uk says not until May 15, but I am hopeful it will be at least a little earlier. Anyway, thanks for posting!

I'm relieved to see that it matches the other books better than had been expected. Do you think that Harper Collins needs to hear some feedback regarding their photos? It seems that they consistently release photos of their new deluxe editions that are slightly misleading. I know that many were disappointed when the Super Deluxe CoH did not really look like the photos they posted, and the photos for this book in particular, might deter people who want it to match the rest of their set (not realizing, of course, that it really does match). I know that there are always clammorings for 'sneak-peeks' at the new editions, but if I were David Brawn, I would not release marketing photos until I had something that was accurately representative.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 5:23

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
One more thought..... from a discussion earlier in this thread.

It looks like the final version does incorporate the same flat spine and thinner slipcase boards as the TftPR. Judging from Trotter's photos, I would guess that it was put together by the same binders as the TftPR. Can this be confirmed?

Posted on: 2009/5/8 5:28

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
It looks like the final version does incorporate the same flat spine and thinner slipcase boards as the TftPR. Judging from Trotter's photos, I would guess that it was put together by the same binders as the TftPR. Can this be confirmed?

Yes it is Clays who also printed TftPR.

Do you think that Harper Collins needs to hear some feedback regarding their photos? It seems that they consistently release photos of their new deluxe editions that are slightly misleading. I know that many were disappointed when the Super Deluxe CoH did not really look like the photos they posted, and the photos for this book in particular, might deter people who want it to match the rest of their set (not realizing, of course, that it really does match). I know that there are always clammorings for 'sneak-peeks' at the new editions, but if I were David Brawn, I would not release marketing photos until I had something that was accurately representative.

What they have done again makes no sense at all, the current tolkien.co.uk web site shows an incorrect picture of the Deluxe Edition of the book, I could probably sue HarperCollins in respect of the book that I have received does not match the picture on the web site. It is much better but?

If anyone reading this has any HC contacts, I have already suggested that they set up a commitee of Tolkien Fans (from this board) which they speak to about new issues, the web site tolkien.co.uk (which is very poor, how to improve, etc.) and anything else, I really think that having feedback from 100% Tolkien Fans would help the company.

I wish someone from HarperCollins would post on this board to discuss the issues that are raised.

Andrew

Posted on: 2009/5/8 6:53

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.