« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 16 »

Re: Super-Deluxe Sigurd & Gudrun
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I haven't opened mine from bubblewrap yet ( ), but it looks like it's #71 (from the label on the box) -and I ordered at about 3:20 in the afternoon. Go figure...

BH

Posted on: 2009/5/29 13:36

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
>Sorry, Stu. My mistake regarding #30. However, if I recall, you were fortunate enough to land #3 of the Super Deluxe Children of Hurin. Were you as lucky this time around?

Yes, I was quite quick off the mark on the CoH SD, but not so this time. Even if I had put in an order when the website first came on line (I didn't), I'm not convinced it would have yielded a really low number. I suspect anyone who got a low number would have ordered the day before via the phone. And that's assuming that they are even being that accurate about number allocation. This time around I don't think they have even stated that the books will be sold in sequence. From some of the comments here relating to numbers and order times, it looks like perhaps they are not entirely sequential. And for all we know, they might have held onto the first 10 (or more).

Posted on: 2009/5/29 15:06

Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
> Sounds a bit concerning that you don't want to pull the lift-out ribbon because you are worried it might come off. Is that just good old-fashioned paranoia, or do you have cause to think it might not be strongly constructed?

It is just my paranoia. It is well put together. I have just given it a good tug and it is still in one piece!! For those that haven't seen one yet, the ribbon lifts up a hinged flap inside the clamshell raising the book up out of its protective coccon, which is a much closer fit than with CoH, so no rattling around.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 15:24

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Deagol wrote:
> Sounds a bit concerning that you don't want to pull the lift-out ribbon because you are worried it might come off. Is that just good old-fashioned paranoia, or do you have cause to think it might not be strongly constructed?

It is just my paranoia. It is well put together. I have just given it a good tug and it is still in one piece!! For those that haven't seen one yet, the ribbon lifts up a hinged flap inside the clamshell raising the book up out of its protective coccon, which is a much closer fit than with CoH, so no rattling around.

I missed this, it works fine on my copy.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:31

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

alpingloin wrote:

So, it looks like HC's marketing of this book must have worked fairly well. If (Deagol) got #30 at 10:00AM, and Trotter got #73 at noon, then they were selling at a pretty decent pace. My order was placed at 2:00AM on the 21'st (due to the delay for U.S. ordering), so I am quite a way behind you guys. I think I will be quite lucky to get a number less than 120.

Well, I just got my copy today, and surprisingly, I got #41. I now have #35 CoH and #41 S&G. Almost a match!

Posted on: 2009/6/4 15:27

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 16 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]