Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

3 January
2024-1-3 4:42:34 PM UTC

Tapuvae wrote:

Thank you both. Is it known who actually has the Blok originals? Two new ones were fairly recently added to one shop in the low 5 figures and I was wondering if other might be coming to sale ever in the future. I am interested in getting one but given the size and price I suspect you will never be able to sell it should you need to, hence the discriminating approach.

I am certain pieces are owned by multiple people (including dealers) - Pieter (TolkienLibrary) is probably your best point of contact as he wrote a book with Cor Blok on his art (A Tolkien Tapestry) and worked with him to track down many of the pieces that he had sold over the years.

Back on the TolkienShop portion of the thread - I have ordered a copy of the Mountain Path from René and should have it soon - a very reasonable price for a 1978 print (certainly more reasonable than the eBay listing!). I still don't have any information on who the printer was, but it will be fun doing some more research on that over time.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us