Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

18 January
2024-1-18 10:11:50 PM UTC
Ooh, great catch - having had a closer look at the "original" with both the Bod and Museoteca - you are absolutely right. It is easy to tell from the fumbled monogram in the bottom left area.

I am sure the people at Top of Art would have been much better
9 February
2024-2-9 4:03:16 PM UTC
The Man of the West is reminded of just how awesome the J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of the Manuscript exhibit was as he visits with its curators. He also wonders if a career as a Tolkien academic is still possible at his advanced age.

9 February
2024-2-9 11:08:53 PM UTC
Bill Fliss is such a pleasure to listen to - and he’s a wonderful person too. Thanks for sharing the video. 🙂
3 March
2024-3-3 7:45:27 PM UTC
I'm trying to order a paperback copy of The Art of the Manuscript exhibition from the Haggerty museum website - I know they are only shipping to the US/Canada, so I was planning on using a shipping forwarder, but I can't seem to put in a UK address for the billing information, so I'm unable to pay.

Did anyone else outside the US/Canada have this problem? And is there a way round it?

Thanks!
3 March
2024-3-3 7:57:07 PM UTC

chickenphoenix wrote:

I'm trying to order a paperback copy of The Art of the Manuscript exhibition from the Haggerty museum website - I know they are only shipping to the US/Canada, so I was planning on using a shipping forwarder, but I can't seem to put in a UK address for the billing information, so I'm unable to pay.

Did anyone else outside the US/Canada have this problem? And is there a way round it?

Thanks!

I was informed by someone who lives in Europe that they were able to contact the Haggerty directly and a lady named Mary was able to setup a special invoice by hand to buy the softcover book and have it shipped to Europe. Don’t know the details but it seems like if you reach out to them, they can make it work for you, it's just their website doesn’t allow the option for shipping or payment to Europe. Good luck!
3 March
2024-3-3 8:00:18 PM UTC
Thanks! I did see that elsewhere in the thread. I'll pop them an email and see if they can help me then.
4 March
2024-3-4 12:13:42 AM UTC
The email process has definitely worked for a few others. Shipping will be expensive (but that's not the museum's fault, it is expensive for all of us to ship from USA to international these days).
4 March
2024-3-4 11:33:04 AM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

The email process has definitely worked for a few others. Shipping will be expensive (but that's not the museum's fault, it is expensive for all of us to ship from USA to international these days).

Yes, I have been pre-warned about the shipping costs. I don't mind paying it as it seems it's the only way to get this book unfortunately.
4 March
2024-3-4 4:28:13 PM UTC
Seems the Raft Elves picture is still up for sale -

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: arts_sports
(3448)
Ends May 16, 2024 2:29:44 PM UTC
Buy-It-Now:
$2,999.99
4 March
2024-3-4 4:55:32 PM UTC
Just for clarification for folks who come to the thread later, it was mentioned earlier on the thread that Marquette's social media shared this: "Those outside the United States who wish to purchase a copy should email [email protected]" Looks like there are currently 87 copies left according to the public listing (https://shophaggerty.com/product/j-r-r ... softcover-second-edition/).
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us