2 hours 13 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

The Tolkien Collector
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I received issues 29 and 30 of The Tolkien Collector today. Thank you very much to Wayne and Christina.

- wellinghall

Posted on: 2009/12/15 11:26

Re: The Tolkien Collector
Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I'm not sure why Wayne and Christina have not mentioned it here, but they recently started a Blog, which I am sure will be of interest to everyone here.

http://wayneandchristina.wordpress.com/

Posted on: 2009/12/16 5:59

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I'm not sure why Wayne and Christina have not mentioned it here

Modesty, Trotter, sheer modesty! And the desire to have a few posts to our credit before publicizing.

In regard to the photo in our earliest post, for which one must now scroll to the bottom, the books are all foreign-language editions of Tolkien. There are as many shelves of these again on the opposite wall, and still more on the shorter wall to the left and also to the right, out of the picture. The grey archival boxes on top are some of our Tolkien fanzines.

Wayne and Christina

Posted on: 2009/12/16 20:15

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Incidentaly, how good is this blog? Not only (already) do we have Wayne & Christina chatting about their collection (& providing nice photographs!), but we have a lovely picture of their beautiful New England home! (H. P. Lovecraft has sold me on NE architecture!)

So many questions remained unanswered reagarding 'The Collection' though. I do hope they are systematically dealt with in various blogs over the coming months & years .

[As keen bibliographers are you particularly fickle about condition? (F/F please!), or will you compromise on condition to gather information? i.e. buy a book in less than 'collectable' condition; do any particular aspects of some items cause particular problems in terms of storage?; how do you deal with preservation? (dj covers, protecting from light [I see a window!], airing shelves, climate control [temperature & humidity], & housekeeping generally); how much 'maintenance' does the collection require? etc etc.]

Great blog!

BH

Posted on: 2010/1/13 3:46

Edited by Khaml on 2013/8/3 2:46:18

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Indeed; it was always interesting. There are various stories as to why it folded; and by all accounts it was profit making --so it's a pity it's no longer around.

Cheers for the information W&C!

Posted on: 2013/8/2 23:53

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.