(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »

UK HOME Hardback Reissues
Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Looks like HarperCollins may be reissuing the whole of HOME in 12 single volume hardbacks, in the same design as the current black paperback set.

I can only find books 1-5 and the index listed so far for the 4th March, but this is the first copy of the Index to be in Hardback. Priced at £40 each, which I assume is to cater for the 30% discount on www.tolkien.co.uk (£28 after discount). Amazon seems to have all 12 and the index listed for the 4th March.

http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Pages/ ... s=tolkien&page=1&sort=pno

Posted on: 2010/1/31 12:50

Re: UK HOME Hardback Reissues
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Do you think the pagination etc will be the same? i.e. this first appearance of the index in Hb, will be identical (in terms of page references) to the current Pb incarnation. (And, by implication, the pagination of all the new Hb's will the same as the original releases.) You'd guess so...

Interesting they're reprinting them all again though.

BH

Posted on: 2010/1/31 15:18

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Indeed it is great that all my versions have the same page numbering, UK hardbacks, paperbacks and both sets of the three volume edition, so the current paperback index works with all these editions.

I'd assume that the pagination will be identical to the previous releases.

This will be an expensive set of books and I'd like to know before purchasing if they plan to bring out a box-set as I'd rather buy that than the individual books.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 0:14

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Beren has an informative article on these releases.

http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/9 ... le-earth_reprint_2010.php

"HarperCollins will now reprint all volumes and keep the original look & feel, so that people wishing to complete there series will be able to do so now!

Also exciting is that we will see a hardcover edition of the History of Middle-earth Index released that will match the original series!"

So this contradicts HarperCollins website description, probably have to wait until pictures appear to confirm whether new covers or not

http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles ... her-tolkien-9780007365265

"This series of fascinating books has now been repackaged to complement the distinctive and classic style of the ‘black cover’ A-format paperbacks of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales."

Posted on: 2010/2/5 4:30

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Good old HC; can't make up their mind what it's going to be! Who's Pieter getting all this from anyway? Does he still have the ear of David Brawn?

It will indeed be pretty expensive Trotter. £336 all in (if discount applies as you suggest); £364 including the index. What kind of horrific boxset would it be, with 12 volumes? *chuckle* (I assume you mean some sort of combined volumes...)

Now, I need to go and read that fabulously long Hammond & Scull article, and curse Angi & Neil under my breath for the Moreton postponement...

BH

Posted on: 2010/2/6 14:31

(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.