« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 14 »

Re: UK HOME Hardback Reissues
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
David Brawn told me that about 30 copies of the Index were sent out with issues (mostly the publication and ISBN information, but it sounds like Trotter had a binding error as well). HC will replace any copies of the Index that were misprinted if you want to return them. No other volumes in the HoME were affected with issues like this according to him.

Posted on: 2010/5/17 10:11

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
But why do I have to return it?!

David Brawn should know better. There's only 30 or so of us; can we not just have a replacement & keep the misprinted copies?

Trotter, if you've finished complaining ( ), can I ask --are you returning your mis-bound copy?

Also, Jeremy, these misprints; are we definitely just talking about the Index? Has anyone on the forum actually ordered any other volumes?

BH

Posted on: 2010/5/17 12:05

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
HC did not ask me to return my copy when I initially complained, just said they would send me a replacement copy.

David Brawn does now want my copy back so that he can have a go at Martins for sending it out, though I'm thinking I'd like to keep it, as it is probably a unique copy, may send him photos of the book instead. I decided to send it back as I'm keen to see these Print On Demand books succeed.

It looks like only the Index has so far been ordered which is why this problem is not on other books, it would have affected any of the books.

Posted on: 2010/5/17 12:35

Edited by Trotter on 2010/5/18 1:16:59

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hmm, it's hard to know whether it is best to keep the faulty copy or to get a replacement. I'm tempted to keep the faulty one as the typo distinguishes these as being the only kind of "first print" that this book will ever have (and we know there are only 30 of them). What is everyone else planning to do (keep or return?).

Stu

Posted on: 2010/5/17 14:47

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
It would be interesting to see a picture of the Index page with the typo, if someone could post one.

We have not yet tried to order the Index or any of the other HOME print-on-demand titles, waiting to see how this all shakes out.

Wayne and Christina

Posted on: 2010/5/18 5:17

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 14 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.