Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

15 Apr, 2010
2010-4-15 6:27:58 PM UTC
Message received!

[I fear I must point out that you could have written at least three sentences about Tolkien instead of writing about how you don't have time to write about Tolkien.... ]
11 May, 2010
2010-5-11 7:19:04 AM UTC
Hi all,

Many thanks to Urulókë for the tea! It arrived in a very moist England last week and Mrs Burns and I have been enjoying it very much.

I first tried the "Gandalf the Gray" (always throws me that they've chosen to spell grey with an 'a' instead of an 'e') tea. Not having read much on what ingredients went into the teas, it seemed obvious to me that it would be an Earl Grey (Mr Burns' favourite) equivalent.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was chamomile and red bush and actually reminded me very much of a Twining's Green Tea with Chamomile I'd had years ago. Not as green-tasting, of course...in fact better tasting in that regard!

The mint is also very refreshing in the morning or at the end of a tough day in th'office!

We've not tried the breakfast tea yet, but will hopefully get on here to tell you about it when I do.

Action shot! (haha)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ ... GxLzY15P4?feat=directlink

Thanks again!

PS - That's not me in the pic...it's a coworker. And he doesn't know I sneakily snapped his pic on my iPhone. Shh!

Edit: Embedded for convenience.

From Misc
21 May, 2010
2010-5-21 9:23:31 AM UTC
I received my tea last week. I haven't tasted it yet, but the boxes look beautiful on my bookshelf! :)

Many thanks to Jeremy and the guys from Mint Brook Meadow Teas!

21 May, 2010
2010-5-21 11:06:22 AM UTC
Received mine today. At the moment I am quite content to leave them unopened and admire. I do like the boxes, although my ‘Gandalf the Grey’ box came crushed in one corner. I will however not get to admire the presentation or taste of ‘Bilbo Baggins Breakfast Blend’ as quarantine has it and the price to have it heat treated is far too excessive compared to its worth. :(

Did these teas come shrink-wrapped, or just taped at the sides?
21 May, 2010
2010-5-21 12:57:01 PM UTC
Hi
Received mine. Like loonka I have not opened them yet but looking forward to tasting soon. Thanks
24 May, 2010
2010-5-24 10:01:53 PM UTC
I am glad that most of the Tea is making it to all of you. Sorry to hear about the customs snafu(s). The boxes came just taped at the edge (not shrink-wrapped) because the tea bags themselves should be in a sealed foil bag inside the box.
24 Jun, 2010
2010-6-24 5:55:51 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Just back to give further thoughts on the teas. I've long since finished off my box of Gandalf the Grey tea, and have been delving into the very refreshing Meadow Mint.

But the true star is the one I've saved for last. The Bilbo Baggins Breakfast Blend is truly lovely. From the moment the hot water splashes onto the tea bag, you have a gorgeous scent of cinnamon wafting to your nose. It's bright, it's cheerful, and it's warming...exactly what you look for in a morning tea. Though I must say I like the taste of it so much that I'm nearly through it after only a couple of days.

I may well have to get some of my American counterparts to order me some more and ship it sans-boxes (to save shipping).

Thanks again, Urulókë!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us