« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

Re: UK HOME Hardback Reissues
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Are you disagreeing with the fact ("marginally") or the justification ("production problem")? Either way, I don't see how these books should have differed from any other three book set to be housed in a slipcase. GA&U produced a five book slipcased release with The Tolkien Library; a nice set of which sold for, a more reasonable (the last set I saw go for £400 odd!), £130 on eBay the other day --& they weren't originally produced to sit in a slipcase together in the first place. I presume he simply meant that they weren't quite as uniform as they had planned (& understandably hoped) for. So who has one?

BH

Posted on: 2010/7/10 9:43

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Guess there is a mistake being made here.. I know that HC was planning to release the Deluxe set of HoMe in slipcase, but as we all know they vary in size too much. The 12 volume edition could easily be fit in a slipcase, but I know that it turned out too big and the test was fast abandoned. I believe the remark by David Brawn was about the Deluxe editions.

Posted on: 2010/7/10 12:26

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
No mistake Beren. We're talking about both. Brawn is referring specifically to a deluxe slipcase --& there was a copy on eBay in 2007. I have the original email, with item number, that I sent Deagol. Yes, it may have been a customised slipcase --but if I recall, the seller said they'd bought the three editions in the slipcase. It was black cloth, matching the single slipcases. And, to be honest, I don't recall them looking a poor fit.

BH

Posted on: 2010/7/10 14:07

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
ok then we talk about the same thing... indeed I saw the deluxe slipcase as well... don't have one anymore but sold two of those in the past

Posted on: 2010/7/10 14:19

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Well!? Do you have any pictures?
(Might have known one had passed through your hands...)

BH

Posted on: 2010/7/10 14:26

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.