2 hours 3 minutes ago

Trotter
3 hours 9 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Folio Society
Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Anyone here a member of the Folio Society? Would you recommend joining?

I was browsing through the folio site and at first glance I like their limited editions (some rather expensive).

http://www.foliosociety.com/category/9231/all-limited-editions

They also issued a brownish goatskin edition of LOTR and The Hobbit a couple of years ago which was the reason I was looking at their site. These however are out of print now.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 13:07

Re: Folio Society
Quite a regular
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
I joined about 4 years ago (for a year) to buy the goatskin Silmarillion (of which they still had a few left) and had put on special offer and the boxed set of" His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman, both of which I specifically wanted. Nothing has really caught my eye since so I would only renew if there was something specific I wanted.

Their books are generally good quality and not over-priced compared with general hardbacks in the shops (though the limited editions can be expensive but the quality of them is something special).

Posted on: 2012/1/19 14:03

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
The Folio deluxe editions are all pretty high quality for the price they were charging. Don't see any reason to join now tho'.

BH

Posted on: 2012/1/19 14:11

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Must admit, I don't like the "Ugly Brown Editions". If they were cheap, I would probably buy a set for completeness, but I really can't justify spending real money on books that hideous.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 23:55

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I was a member for a while but like others cant see any reason for joining now unless you intend to buy 'other' books . That being said the quality of most of he ones i brought was good.
I do like the 'brown' editions that being said i did pick them up cheap so no doubt this has affected my judgement!

Posted on: 2012/1/20 0:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]