Jlong
2 hours 23 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

4-Book Tolkien Deluxe Edition Collection Set from HC
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Fellowship
I'm quite new to the collecting scene, and I'd really like to add the HarperCollins J.R.R. Tolkien Collection (ISBN: 978-0-00-727356-0) to my shelves. I've tried in vain for months to obtain a set - it seemed that Fishpond.com.au was really going to ship me a set until, alas, they finally cancelled. The problem is that I live in the US and HC will only ship within the UK. It's priced on tolkien.co.uk at £200 and I'd like to get it to me for no more than around £225 ($350) if possible (I'm on a student budget). Any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

Posted on: 2012/1/30 7:53

Re: 4-Book Tolkien Deluxe Edition Collection Set from HC
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hi
A nice set indeed. Have you thought about buying the books seperately. I bet you could get them a lot cheaper than £200. You would not have the slipcase I accept but if on a budget that is the way to do it i think or why not ask Harper Collins if they could do a discount?

Posted on: 2012/1/30 7:59

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Fellowship
The books that I've seen separately on ebay, Abebooks, etc. actually seem to be more expensive when put together (plus I would like the box!). Asking HC for a discount is a good idea, but how do I get the books to me in the US? I did email them once and they said they wouldn't ship to the US (and I don't know anyone well in the UK).

Posted on: 2012/1/30 8:24

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
This box set is over 6 kilo and shipping costs to the US are more then 25 GBP for sure. I can deliver the set to you, but not at the price you are looking for.

Posted on: 2012/1/30 8:28

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Fellowship
Perhaps I underestimated shipping costs, but I'm guessing you charge more than the 200 GBP (publisher's price) for the books. On the Tolkien Library site I see they go for 400 GBP (and supposedly don't ship to the US) which is more than I can afford. What's your best estimate for shipping this set to the US? By the way I was very pleased recently to receive the deluxe Tolkien Tapestry (#65) from Amazon.ca.

Posted on: 2012/1/30 9:10

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]