9 hours 44 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

US Silmarillion - Proof Copy
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Anyone happen to have a photo of a proof copy of the 1977 US Edition of the Silmarillion?

Many Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/3/24 4:56

Re: US Silmarillion - Proof Copy
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
When you say "proof copy" are you referring to actual proofs of the pages, or so-called dummy copies?

BH

Posted on: 2012/3/24 14:00

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hi Khamul.

I am referring to an actual proof copy (softcover) of the 1977 US Edition (not dummy or review copies etc).

Thought you might be the most likely to have a copy actually.

Many Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/3/24 15:56

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
That's what I thought you meant. Do you recall one for sale ever (& hence perhaps your thoughts of acquiring photos/images)? --I've never seen one, US or UK, and certainly don't have one. (Something like that would be way out of my price range in any case.) Although, I would have saved images had I seen an auction etc. Sorry I can't be of any help. (Oh Beren? )

BH

Posted on: 2012/3/24 16:05

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Many Thanks again.

What I am really wondering is whether it came with a removable plastic cover with a printed verticle title on the spine of the plastic covering stating "Tokien . The Silmarillion".

I managed to acquire a copy a year or two ago, but was/am not certain if it was issued in the removable plastic cover. Somehow I doubt it.

My presumption is that somone added the plastic cover and printed title, but would just like to be 100% sure if this was an integral part of the proof or not.

It is already issued with printed titles etc on front cover of wraps, so maybe someone just wanted to be able to identify it when they looked at their bookshelf.

Anyway, I just wanted to be 100% sure. Didn't want to remove the plastic wrap and chuck it in the bin only to find out at a later date that it was issued this way!!

Many Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/3/24 16:21

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.