The Art of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
$45.67
TolkienGuide is a Blackwell's affiliate
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Sep 29
2021/9/29 10:25:44 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Trotter you are clearly too cheap
Sep 30
2021/9/30 6:12:01 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

onthetrail wrote:

Trotter you are clearly too cheap

Trotter could definitely have sold these for more money than he has done (particularly the 1st sils). It is incredibly public spirited of him not to.
Sep 30
2021/9/30 7:08:25 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
What Stu said.
Sep 30
2021/9/30 9:42:54 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Trotter you are clearly too cheap

Trotter could definitely have sold these for more money than he has done (particularly the 1st sils). It is incredibly public spirited of him not to.

You wait though Stu. We will all be cursing him when the Recent Acquisitions is full of Sils
Sep 30
2021/9/30 10:16:02 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Trotter you are clearly too cheap

Trotter could definitely have sold these for more money than he has done (particularly the 1st sils). It is incredibly public spirited of him not to.

You wait though Stu. We will all be cursing him when the Recent Acquisitions is full of Sils

recent finding at a bargain price....a trotter-sil in excellent condition :)
Oct 1
2021/10/1 10:55:50 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Seller: dogfark
(2377)
Ended Oct 30, 2021
Buy-It-Now:
£895.00
Submitted by: northman


this was bound to happen
Oct 1 (edited)
2021/10/1 15:48:44 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
It's still for sale at £295 on the Bodleian Bookshop site. Why would anyone buy it at this price?

https://bodleianshop.co.uk/collections ... -earth-collectors-edition
Oct 1
2021/10/1 20:56:54 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

northman wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Trotter you are clearly too cheap

Trotter could definitely have sold these for more money than he has done (particularly the 1st sils). It is incredibly public spirited of him not to.

You wait though Stu. We will all be cursing him when the Recent Acquisitions is full of Sils

recent finding at a bargain price....a trotter-sil in excellent condition :)

There you go, a close to perfect sil (which also came from a box of A&U remainders -- just close to 20 years ago) -
https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/n ... hp?topic_id=2751&start=10

The king of tidy Sils is about to be knocked from its throne, I fear
Oct 1
2021/10/1 21:04:03 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
That drawer-stored sil of yours is a beauty Stu.
Oct 5
2021/10/5 22:05:25 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
More insanity from EBay. ACE PB set sold for $800

Seller: marsfromnj
(6264)
Ended Oct 5, 2021
$799.00
[44 Bids]
Submitted by: Mr. Underhill
Jump to Last