Unfinished Tales Hardcover from 2000
1 ... 4 5 (6) 7 8
By remy

Re: Unfinished Tales Hardcover from 2000

Jan 10, 2012 - in General Collecting Forum
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Well Stu, I think you did get lucky (if I remember correctly - maybe it was a different auction).

I was going to bid around £200 on an auction a couple of years ago for this book (think it was from a Seller - David Somebody in the UK). For various reasons - I forgot about the auction (could not believe I forgot about the end date considering how badly I wanted the book and I think the book was listed in the Collectibles Category rather than Books Category so visibility was low). Anyway was even more devasted when I saw it went for £39 or £40 if I remember correctly.

I think this may be the auction that you won.

Anyway, ended up getting a copy a year later (was included in a set of 10 HoME Books for auction that I won). So all well in the end!!!

Was this the auction you won?

By Stu

Jan 10, 2012 - in General Collecting Forum (edited)
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

remy wrote:
Well Stu, I think you did get lucky (if I remember correctly - maybe it was a different auction).

I was going to bid around £200 on an auction a couple of years ago for this book (think it was from a Seller - David Somebody in the UK). For various reasons - I forgot about the auction (could not believe I forgot about the end date considering how badly I wanted the book and I think the book was listed in the Collectibles Category rather than Books Category so visibility was low). Anyway was even more devasted when I saw it went for £39 or £40 if I remember correctly.

I think this may be the auction that you won.

Anyway, ended up getting a copy a year later (was included in a set of 10 HoME Books for auction that I won). So all well in the end!!!

Was this the auction you won?

Just checked my Paypal - Was in May 2008, from a David Crombie in the UK. Price was GBP 40.55. I'm *really* glad you forgot to bid on it !! :) :)

Edit: But also glad you got a copy in the end!!

Stu

228_4f0bcb3b37069.jpg 640X478 px

By laurel

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

LOL
I can see why your book buying days are now restricted. Nice . Careful of the sunlight though-I would have thought keeping on a bookcase would be better

From Vienna, Austria
Group:
Shirefolk

Hahaha!

Great picture Stu!
I see you finally got your Lotus. Looking nice!

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

laurel wrote:
LOL
I can see why your book buying days are now restricted. Nice . Careful of the sunlight though-I would have thought keeping on a bookcase would be better

You know, I suggested that to my wife and she steadfastly refuses me to let me put the Lotus in the lounge !

FreiWild wrote:
Hahaha!

Great picture Stu!
I see you finally got your Lotus. Looking nice!

Thanks :) I collect "nerdy books", so I figured I needed a "nerdy car" to match :)

1 ... 4 5 (6) 7 8
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us