Tolkien Collector's Guide
Mar 20
2021/3/20 19:20:02 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Another image of the slipcase from Merlin Unwin Books.

10_60564adb053ab.jpg 1200X922 px
Mar 20
2021/3/20 20:16:17 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
This looks really good. Would it look even better with a black dust wrapper and a golden font? (Or a matching green slipcase..?)
Mar 20
2021/3/20 21:03:36 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Ithildin wrote:

This looks really good. Would it look even better with a black dust wrapper and a golden font? (Or a matching green slipcase..?)

I definitely think a reprinted jacket in black would look great, but I think what is in the picture is essentially the final product.
Mar 20
2021/3/20 21:29:05 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

Ithildin wrote:

This looks really good. Would it look even better with a black dust wrapper and a golden font? (Or a matching green slipcase..?)

I definitely think a reprinted jacket in black would look great, but I think what is in the picture is essentially the final product.

I think so as well. But a black wrapper for the limited edition would be much more a reason to purchase the trade edition as add on...
Mar 20
2021/3/20 22:30:05 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
There you go. Job done

228_6056776daf16b.png 1418X560 px
Mar 20
2021/3/20 22:32:48 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

There you go. Job done

Show off
Mar 20
2021/3/20 22:39:17 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
If my original copy fits in the slipcase, then that will be its new home.
Mar 20
2021/3/20 22:40:54 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Trotter wrote:

If my original copy fits in the slipcase, then that will be its new home.

Isn't the original a little thicker (as well as the height difference)?
Mar 20
2021/3/20 22:42:18 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I'll try it, but not holding out much hope. Would be nice though.
Mar 21
2021/3/21 8:36:30 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

There you go. Job done

Excellent, Stu 😃
Jump to Last