Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

T-K Graphics Fanzines

4 Dec, 2023
2023-12-4 7:43:44 PM UTC

I realized a few weeks ago that I had bought over time a number of the 1970’s T-K Graphics published Tolkien related booklets. (Many of you know they were a US publisher of many fanzines in the 70’s and 80’s, including Star Trek).

Anyway, I currently own eight T-K Graphics Tolkien booklets:

-Men, Halflings & Hero Worship (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
-The Jewel of Arwen (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
-The Parting of Arwen (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
-Middle earth: A World in Conflict (Stephen O. Miller)
-Mithrandir (Stephen O. Miller)
-Funeral Customs in Tolkien’s Trilogy (Karen Rockow)
-Myth, Symbol & Religion in The Lord of the Rings (Sandra Miesel)
-A Speculation on The Silmarillion (Jim Allan)

IMG_5178.jpeg

So, I am curious if anyone has a list of all their published Tolkien materiel? I’ve looked thru the small catalogues appended to some of my booklets and I’ve skimmed thru some of their vintage catalogs online, but I cannot find a comprehensive list.

Anything anyone may have would be appreciated.

Thanks!
4 Dec, 2023 (edited)
2023-12-4 8:06:44 PM UTC
Can't recall seeing a list anywhere. I will check Nancy Martsch's "List of Tolkienalia" later. Maybe a list there.

I don't think "A Speculation on the Silmarillion" was T-K Graphics though? Think that was a "Tolkien Society" publication?

I think you have them all in your photo though (can't recall any others off-hand).

[Edit] - Speculation on the Silmarillion - Published with the permission of The Tolkien Society (Self-Published maybe?)
4 Dec, 2023
2023-12-4 8:16:01 PM UTC
Thanks remy

Yes that “A Speculation…” has a bit of history. See this short write-up:

https://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/An_Ext ... ation_on_The_Silmarillion
4 Dec, 2023
2023-12-4 8:37:11 PM UTC
According to Judith Johnson's bibliography of Tolkien criticism, there's one other I can see not mentioned in your list LanceFormation:

Visions of Paradise in The Lord of the Rings (cover title: Of Orc-Rags, Phials and A Far Shore: Visions of Paradise in The Lord of the Rings) - Bruce Palmer, 1976.
4 Dec, 2023
2023-12-4 8:43:40 PM UTC
Correct. Forgot about that one. Thank You.

11_656e39f669ec3.jpg 1505X2008 px

11_656e39f669f4f.jpg 1505X2008 px
4 Dec, 2023
2023-12-4 8:50:15 PM UTC

Predictable Matt wrote:

According to Judith Johnson's bibliography of Tolkien criticism, there's one other I can see not mentioned in your list LanceFormation:

Visions of Paradise in The Lord of the Rings (cover title: Of Orc-Rags, Phials and A Far Shore: Visions of Paradise in The Lord of the Rings) - Bruce Palmer, 1976.

Thanks Predictable Matt…I just added it to my little collection 😀
4 Dec, 2023
2023-12-4 10:27:16 PM UTC
I just checked the "List of Tolkienalia" and all the above are noted - and no others that i could see.

And "A Speculation on the Silmarillion" is noted as being published by T-K Graphics (I think I could not find any mention of T-K Graphics in the booklet itself - that is why I assumed it was privately published).
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us