Tolkien Collector's Guide
Tolkienbooks.net

Tolkienbooks.net

Jan 30, 2013

The site seems to be having problems at the moment.

Every time I click on pages I get a redirect to a strange website (blog.fantasygifts.com) and then the following.

Deagol, please can you take a look?

10_51098f597675b.jpg 734X269 px
Jan 30, 2013
blog.fantasygifts.com is nothing to do with me.
Reported the problem yesterday to the company that hosts the site.
I got an email today saying that they could not replicate the problem....
I think they have been updating something on their servers as last week the search function spontaneously developed a problem.
Not impressed. I hope I don't have to up sticks and move the site again.
Jan 31, 2013
The site has been hacked again, so I am not best pleased.
I have sorted it now, but unless I can find out how they got into the .htaccess file it will probably happen again.
Please let me know if it happens again.
Jan 31, 2013
Thanks for fixing my most useful site
Feb 1, 2013
Hate to say it, but I'm now getting it linking to gabriellerosephotography.com.
Feb 1, 2013
Rats. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.
Feb 1, 2013
Latest attempt at a fix done.
Up and running again sans contact page and advanced search.
Fingers crossed.
Feb 2, 2013
Looks good now. Thanks, Deagol.

Whilst we're on the subject, it's an excellent site, which I find really useful. I notice, though, that it doesn't cover all the latest publications. Not a criticism, as I realise these things are usually a labour of love, but are there any plans to bring the site completely up to date?
Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for all your efforts, Deagol -- keep up the good work!
Feb 2, 2013
Bringing TolkienBooks up to date is on my list of things to do, but I am working on several other sites and collections as well.
Hopefully I have kept up with most of the new releases, but I don't trawl abe and ebay for Tolkien books these days, so no doubt some have slipped through the net.
Feb 2, 2013
Hope you get some updates done eventually Deagol. As I've said (many times) before, TolkienBooks is the best site out there --can't thank you enough for making it, & continuing to run it.

BH
Load more
Jump to Last