Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 41 »

2009 Heren Istarion Calendar
Home away from home
From The Green Hill Country
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
My daughter and I printed the 2009 Heren Istarion / Northeast Tolkien Society calendar last evening. I will be getting the order list from Jessie & Anthony and posting very soon and posting them next week. So those that have ordered should see their calendars well before Christmas and the New Year.

I think it a wonderful creation (but I am biased in this matter!) Please consider ordering one (at http://herenistarion.org ) for your use during the year (or collection of Tolkienalia.) This may be your only chance to see some of Colin William's illustrations. He is an amateur (in name only!) and his work is not well-known.

Thank you!

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir

Posted on: 2008/11/15 7:06

Re: TOLKIEN CALENDAR COLLECTING
Just can't stay away
From Tolkien Society Unquendor in the Netherlands
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I have rather assumed that, like last year, I can buy one from René van Rossenberg. I don't think ordering and paying in the US would be any cheaper for me (with paypal costs and postage), rather the reverse. I have been planning going to René (for other stuff) for some weeks and ask him about it, but haven't found the time yet. So, one way or the other, I've missed entering for the draw.

I hope to find time to visit René this week, but of course he won't have received any calendars yet - I'll see him 3rd of January at least.

Posted on: 2008/11/18 16:54

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I think your post is more than coincidence. I just heard from Rene today. He noted the HI calendar in the latest issue of Beyond Bree. I assume that he will order a few and sell via his site.

HOWEVER, and this is NOT good news: I had emailed Anthony Burdge asking that he sent the list of orders (taken via the HI.org website.) He called Monday night saying he had just left the hospital. Jessica is hospitalized with what they suspect was a stroke. So he has other things on his mind at this time. SAY A PRAYER FOR JESSIE AND KEEP HER IN YOUR THOUGHTS. I will keep everyone posted on her condition as I hear from Anthony.

Parmastahir

Posted on: 2008/11/19 17:33

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Two things:

I have started mailing the first of the HI/NETS calendar orders. But I still need a complete list from Anthony and Jessie. Jessie just got out of the hospital. But I hope to have their master list by next week and will be mailing all orders before the first of December. So, if you have ordered one, please be patient.

I discovered a new Tolkien calendar. You can check it out at:

http://www.rabbitridgeart.com/fine-20 ... 7c054d05083f3cbff404c6b79

It's unique among those that I have been able to catalog and collect: the artwork is like stained glass in its composition and coloring.

Parmastahir

Posted on: 2008/11/21 20:52

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Thank you for your updates on this, Parmastahir - please pass on our best wishes to Anthony and Jessie.

- wellinghall

Posted on: 2008/11/22 4:39

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 41 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.