Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

15 Nov, 2008
2008-11-15 2:06:22 PM UTC
My daughter and I printed the 2009 Heren Istarion / Northeast Tolkien Society calendar last evening. I will be getting the order list from Jessie & Anthony and posting very soon and posting them next week. So those that have ordered should see their calendars well before Christmas and the New Year.

I think it a wonderful creation (but I am biased in this matter!) Please consider ordering one (at http://herenistarion.org ) for your use during the year (or collection of Tolkienalia.) This may be your only chance to see some of Colin William's illustrations. He is an amateur (in name only!) and his work is not well-known.

Thank you!

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
18 Nov, 2008
2008-11-18 11:54:13 PM UTC
I have rather assumed that, like last year, I can buy one from René van Rossenberg. I don't think ordering and paying in the US would be any cheaper for me (with paypal costs and postage), rather the reverse. I have been planning going to René (for other stuff) for some weeks and ask him about it, but haven't found the time yet. So, one way or the other, I've missed entering for the draw.

I hope to find time to visit René this week, but of course he won't have received any calendars yet - I'll see him 3rd of January at least.
20 Nov, 2008
2008-11-20 12:33:34 AM UTC
I think your post is more than coincidence. I just heard from Rene today. He noted the HI calendar in the latest issue of Beyond Bree. I assume that he will order a few and sell via his site.

HOWEVER, and this is NOT good news: I had emailed Anthony Burdge asking that he sent the list of orders (taken via the HI.org website.) He called Monday night saying he had just left the hospital. Jessica is hospitalized with what they suspect was a stroke. So he has other things on his mind at this time. SAY A PRAYER FOR JESSIE AND KEEP HER IN YOUR THOUGHTS. I will keep everyone posted on her condition as I hear from Anthony.

Parmastahir
22 Nov, 2008
2008-11-22 3:52:34 AM UTC
Two things:

I have started mailing the first of the HI/NETS calendar orders. But I still need a complete list from Anthony and Jessie. Jessie just got out of the hospital. But I hope to have their master list by next week and will be mailing all orders before the first of December. So, if you have ordered one, please be patient.

I discovered a new Tolkien calendar. You can check it out at:

http://www.rabbitridgeart.com/fine-20 ... 7c054d05083f3cbff404c6b79

It's unique among those that I have been able to catalog and collect: the artwork is like stained glass in its composition and coloring.

Parmastahir
22 Nov, 2008
2008-11-22 11:39:47 AM UTC
Thank you for your updates on this, Parmastahir - please pass on our best wishes to Anthony and Jessie.

- wellinghall
22 Nov, 2008
2008-11-22 1:08:41 PM UTC
Yes, I second that.

I recognise the 'stained glass' calendar from Middle-earth Journeys, where we have been able to follow the genesis of those illustrations.
23 Nov, 2008
2008-11-23 8:53:05 PM UTC
Heard from Anthony:

Jessie was discharged Weds. But has to do outpatient MRI and treatment with neurologist. She still is recovering and is getting slowly back to norm.

So the good news is that she was well enough to leave the hospital . . . and that can only be good news!

Parmastahir
29 Nov, 2008
2008-11-29 3:02:05 PM UTC
For those interested, I updated my website today with the seven 2009 calendars that I have been able to catalog/collect (so far!)

Parmastahir
6 Dec, 2008
2008-12-6 1:55:13 AM UTC
For those who both ordered a copy of the 2009 HI calendar and frequent this forum, I mailed out all of the international orders (a couple to the UK, one to Norway, one to Germany, and one to Canada) today. I did not get the order list until last Saturday afternoon (well after the Post Offices had closed) and could not post them during the week (was off on a business trip early on Monday morning.) In any case, they should still arrive well before Christmas (and certainly the New Year.) Hope you like it.

Parmastahir
18 Dec, 2008
2008-12-18 1:45:55 PM UTC
Updated my Tolkien calendar website with several new entries: a calendar of photos of New Zealand sites where the LotR movies were filmed; a recently discovered 1994 calendar based upon an iconic 1977 poster. (The latter I must thank a certain aged Ent for!) Check them out at:

[url]www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars[/url]

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Parmastahir
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us