« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »

Re: Tales from the Perilous Realm Deluxe
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Poor old HarperCollins! Trotter, what are you going to do if they do send you a numbered copy!?

BH

Posted on: 2008/11/24 6:49

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
It would be unique, so I'll be very pleased. The whole point really is to get them to take these sort of events more seriously and if they state in future that a book is numbered, then they make sure that it is.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 12:29

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
There is probably some lackey in the warehouse numbering them as we speak with an old bic biro :)

On a more serious note, I think it is a bit poor that I haven't had any response from them (even a simple acknowledgment of the email would be nice) and they still haven't fixed their site. Mind you when I courteously pointed out the bugs in their website before the formal launch they didn't reply to that either, so my faith in them caring is low.

In truth, perhaps I am just getting a bit jaded and cynical with all these deluxe re-re-re-releases of existing material. Unless they do any more editions signed by CRRT, then perhaps I'll get back to concentrating on existing releases for my collection, rather than continuing to fall into the 'special edition collector' trap. I went to see the new Bond movie yesterday (it was quite good, actually) and they had these 'special edition collector cups' of coke. Plastic junk for the masses, but I couldn't help thinking about the parallels with my collecting special edition books. The buyer of the collector cup and the buyer of the book are really both suckers pulled in by the marketing machine for a product being sold way above its intrinsic value.

Maybe I need to go and live in a cave or something as this modern world is getting me down. Sigh :)

Stu

Posted on: 2008/11/24 17:37

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
But then you'd have the problem of damp; and moisture is the enemy of all books! Altho' you might find more square foot for your money...

BH

Posted on: 2008/11/25 14:25

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Well one of my 2 ToPR copies (I had one mailed to Australia) turned up today. From casual observation through the shrink-wrap looks nice, and a better effort than the CoH or Sil paper-covered deluxes.

Still no word back from HC regarding the numbering issue, mind, which shows a real lack of respect for the customer.

Posted on: 2008/11/27 17:08

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]