« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »

Re: Tales from the Perilous Realm Deluxe
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Sorry I have been so quiet, been a bear at work recently.

I have politely inquired for help through various channels at HC, but haven't heard anything back yet either.

Also, interestingly, the tolkien.co.uk store is gone again, with a page saying that it will be available in December. Appears they are doing a relaunch, or at least a rework of the site. Perhaps the issue will be addressed on the new FAQ.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 9:17

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
It's actually the like of communication from HC that irritates me more than anything. My email to them was perfectly courteous and (thus far) hasn't even merited a response. All they really needed to say was something to the effect of "Yep, we screwed up on the FAQ - you can return the books if you like and we will pick up the postage, plus we'll sort out the FAQ ASAP".

It's customer service 101 and just doesn't seem like a hard thing to put right, really. I'm glad to see that they have killed the website, though, as it least that stops anyone else getting stung.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 13:27

Just can't stay away
From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk
Yesterday, my copy has arrived. It looks very good, and the inside (and outside too of course) is of high quality. The pages are quite strong but make it a bit hard to read though... But I'm not going to read in this one!

There was a cut in the envelope, but no damage was made to the book or slipcase because of that.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 14:22

Just can't stay away
From Tolkien Society Unquendor in the Netherlands
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
My copy has also arrived this weekend. As I had ordered 'The J.R.R. Tolkien Collection' (the four other Deluxe editions), an Annotated Hobbit and 'The Lord of the Rings Poster Collection 2', a large bagged box arrived - no sign of the Poster Collection however (and I don't think the box was quite large enough for it).

The (rather scarce) information on the labeling however seems to say that the Poster Collection should have been included as well, so I have remonstrated by e-mail. Being thus forced to complain, I've remarked on the absence of numbering in the 'Perilous Realm' as well.

Posted on: 2008/11/30 15:21

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I agree with most of the sentiments expressed. Sensible/courteous email sent; simply no reply. I was more irritated at the 10% discount to be honest, since most collectors had probably ordered before being informed of the offer. Loyalty? Why bother! Nobody would buy through HC's site if these copies were available through Amazon. HC could learn a trick or two from them. At least they respect the value of customers who order early, by giving lowest price etc.

With regard to the numbering; not that bothered at copies physically not being numbered. Just (bothered by) the obvious ability of people to convert standard to exclusive by getting AL to sign their copy. Totally pointless!

They could run off some HC bookplates with numbering, and post them out to us all. I'm sure they still have a log of who ordered first etc, so that the appropriate number could be sent to the correct buyer.

BH

Posted on: 2008/12/1 4:27

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.