remy
3 hours 36 minutes ago

Deagol
7 hours 1 minute ago

wellinghall
7 hours 15 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: A Tolkien Tapestry (Special Edition)
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
*p.s. - anyone who's seen my collection, and the list of 'names' on items there, will know what a disappointment this is for me.

Posted on: 2011/12/11 11:18

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I can't mind the list price. Is this eBay listing too expensive or something?

A Tolkien Tapestry: by Cor Blok (NEW)

BH

Posted on: 2011/12/11 14:19

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

garm wrote:
After wasting so much time and energy chasing this book, I have given up. Harper Collins take note; all it takes is several weeks of no information, followed by a week or so of hectic enquiries (the result of which seems to be that the publishers have lost the signed copies) for me to say, 'That's enough! '

Sorry, Trotter - I wouldn't trust this lot to tell me whether or not it's raining! I went and got myself a copy of the standard, unsigned edition, and I Do Not Care whether I have a CB sig, or not.

Enough is enough.

I would suggest that anyone who wants the signed books just sticks with their order from Amazon.co.uk and relaxes. You will either get the book at some point or not (in which case you can cancel the order). Or alternatively, just order from HC - again, they will either be able to supply or not. I definitely don't think it is worth getting stressed about.

My Amazon.co.uk order has been pushed out to expected delivery early-mid January, but that date could just be completely arbitrary, of course. If I don't end up getting the book, I won't lose too much sleep.

S.

Posted on: 2011/12/11 18:02

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
I can't mind the list price. Is this eBay listing too expensive or something?

I think copies of this book on Ebay at this time are all from Amazon resellers (drop shipping). They don't have it in stock themselves and you won't get it any earlier.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 13:09

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Not so sure SonOfDolf. I hadn't ordered the standard Hb, but instead had look around on eBay. I saw a Buy-It-Now from one of these generic sellers right at publication time for £7 odd; which was even cheaper than Amazon. It was new, & turned up no problem. But as Stu says, calm the beans garm!

BH

Posted on: 2011/12/12 13:18

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.