Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

11 Dec, 2011
2011-12-11 6:18:08 PM UTC
*p.s. - anyone who's seen my collection, and the list of 'names' on items there, will know what a disappointment this is for me.
11 Dec, 2011
2011-12-11 9:19:39 PM UTC
I can't mind the list price. Is this eBay listing too expensive or something?

A Tolkien Tapestry: by Cor Blok (NEW)

BH

12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 1:02:25 AM UTC

garm wrote:
After wasting so much time and energy chasing this book, I have given up. Harper Collins take note; all it takes is several weeks of no information, followed by a week or so of hectic enquiries (the result of which seems to be that the publishers have lost the signed copies) for me to say, 'That's enough! '

Sorry, Trotter - I wouldn't trust this lot to tell me whether or not it's raining! I went and got myself a copy of the standard, unsigned edition, and I Do Not Care whether I have a CB sig, or not.

Enough is enough.

I would suggest that anyone who wants the signed books just sticks with their order from Amazon.co.uk and relaxes. You will either get the book at some point or not (in which case you can cancel the order). Or alternatively, just order from HC - again, they will either be able to supply or not. I definitely don't think it is worth getting stressed about.

My Amazon.co.uk order has been pushed out to expected delivery early-mid January, but that date could just be completely arbitrary, of course. If I don't end up getting the book, I won't lose too much sleep.

S.
12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 8:09:10 PM UTC
I can't mind the list price. Is this eBay listing too expensive or something?

I think copies of this book on Ebay at this time are all from Amazon resellers (drop shipping). They don't have it in stock themselves and you won't get it any earlier.
12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 8:18:06 PM UTC
Not so sure SonOfDolf. I hadn't ordered the standard Hb, but instead had look around on eBay. I saw a Buy-It-Now from one of these generic sellers right at publication time for £7 odd; which was even cheaper than Amazon. It was new, & turned up no problem. But as Stu says, calm the beans garm!

BH
12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 8:54:28 PM UTC
Tolkienlibrary is now selling Cor Blok original art for around EUR3000 a piece. If you buy them all you will be down EUR100.000...... :)

More info: http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/dmiller/corblokart.htm
12 Dec, 2011
2011-12-12 10:12:39 PM UTC
Just so you know... I'm just listing them. No commission on my side... this is probably the last time any of these paintings will be available. Cor Blok never thought to ever sell any but for private reasons is sort of forced to let some of them go.
13 Dec, 2011
2011-12-13 2:52:55 PM UTC
I received the Deluxe Book today from HarperCollins.
13 Dec, 2011
2011-12-13 6:48:36 PM UTC
My Amazon order for the Deluxe Edition shipped today (my book depository order was cancelled last week)
13 Dec, 2011 (edited)
2011-12-13 9:10:10 PM UTC
My Amazon order also shipped today (and it looks like they upgraded the free shipping to UPS -- presumably because it was so late dispatching)...

I also notice on the website that the price has dropped by another couple of pounds (now 34.97) and it is marked as being In Stock, so Amazon.co.uk definitely looks to be the best bet price/availability-wise at the moment.

Edit: The book turned up today. The slipcase is nicely done and overall it is a nice looking book. I haven't got the standard edition, and having only briefly browsed it in my local bookstore, I'm not sure if there are any other differences (besides the limitation page), but I don't think so.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us