Tolkien Collector's Guide
Newbie on TCG

Newbie on TCG

Jun 16 - in General Collecting Forum (edited)
Group:
Shirefolk

Hello together,
As a ‚silent‘ reader of this forum I was persuaded to sign in by Berelach ( Thanks for your assistance at this birth, Berelach ;)) )
So let me introduce myself at first. I’m a Tolkien fellow from Germany since I was 13 (that was 1978...) There I saw LotR at the bookshelf of a school friend. He talked so enthusiastic about it that I decided to buy it the same day. And from that moment on I was infected by the Tolkien virus.
Over the years I tried to get all German translated stuff. When growing older I also looked for the english originals. At first I wasn’t interested in print runs or special editions, I only wanted to own his well-known stories to read them in the original. But in the course of the next years I catched myself beginning to collect some special and deluxe editions and later I expanded my collection to all boxed/slipcased books and sets. This collection is pretty well complete, missing only a few (and expensive) issues, like the super deluxe Sil. So I decided to make a further expansion, now looking for 1st printings and also the scholarly works. This is a wide field and great challenge but once more very exciting. This forum is really a great help and always a pleasure to read in.
So I hope to be welcome in your exclusive community and to learn more about collecting these fantastic preciouss...

NB As I’m not a native speaker, I just have to apologize for mistakes in grammar and choice of words - time passed since I finished school. ;))

By Lokki

Re: Newbie on TCG

Group:
Shirefolk

Welcome Ithildin. Feel yourself at home!

Feel free to ask any questions here, forum is always ready to help and is open for a discussion.

Hope you will be able share a few pictures of your collection in the future, would love to see it

Best wishes,

Lokki

By Eorl

Group:
Shirefolk

Welcome to the forum, Ithildin. Thanks for sharing your background. It’s crazy isn’t it, how the years fly by yet our love of Tolkien endures? And how places like these can unite Tolkien fans across generations and cultures?

By the way, I don’t think you need to worry about your English at all. Cheers :)

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Welcome Ithildin! Glad you are here, and looking forward to further conversations.

Group:
Shirefolk

Thank you all for the friendly welcome. Hope that I‘m not from the oldest generation, Eorl
I‘m very glad to be a part of this community now and will try to post stuff that is interesting for you. As a beginning I try to manage an upload of some pics of my collection, hope you enjoy it, Lokki :))
Last but not least thanks to you, Urulöké, for your fast intervention to manage the sign in - there was a struggle with the spam filter, that we won finally...

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Great that you finally joined Ithildin!! In my opinion your English is very impressive for a non-native speaker... I'm sure Tolkien helped out with that Your collection looks amazing!!

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us