_Fall of Arthur_ in 2013?
1 ... 3 4 (5) 6 7 ... 21
By Morgan

Re: _Fall of Arthur_ in 2013?

From Sweden
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

On a side note, speaking about pre-ordering from Amazon -- does pre-ordering in theory increase the chance of getting a first print (where applicable)? I'm thinking about the case with the pocket edition of The Hobbit, where people had to order through Canadian Amazon to get a first printing.

By Peeta

Group:
Shirefolk

I was wondering along the same lines as Morgan. My main thought was whether Amazon.com would be selling HM copies and Amazon.co.uk would sell HC copies. I was wanting a 1/1 deluxe HC, since most of Tolkien's work was originally published in the UK I tend to prefer HC printings...

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk

Would Amazon understand what you were talking about if you emailed them??!

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

In "Product Details" (on Amazon.com) it clearly states that the publisher (of the edition they're claiming to be allowing you to pre-order) is HarperCollins --so they'll send you the HarperCollins edition.

In regard to impression: the recent H was an unusual case; normally you'd get the first impression.

BH

By Peeta

Group:
Shirefolk

Thanks khamul, I'm not very familiar with Amazon so that really helps. By the way, what are you referring to with the recent H? Thanks

1 ... 3 4 (5) 6 7 ... 21
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us