Fellowship

Lovely price. Only $400.00 or Buy It Now $440.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tree-and-Leaf ... tible&hash=item416eda37ed

Re: The Wonders of eBay

Dec 2, 2012 - in Collector's Marketplace
From Munich, Germany
Group:
Shirefolk

Bought this one eight weeks ago as a 1st edition for $15, perhaps I should sell it again ;)

Dec 2, 2012 - in Collector's Marketplace
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Do you think these are "off the back of a lorry", so to speak? The seller has been listing Folio Society copies of The Silmarillion (mainly), & LR (& now H too) --all sealed. I remember a good five years (or so) ago, a guy (in Glasgow; where HC printed all these editions) was selling piles of sealed HarperCollins editions; mainly the black deluxe incarnations. The low staring price is the suspicious bit; in this case 99p...

eBay ID: tyleklwa

BH

Dec 3, 2012 - in Collector's Marketplace (edited)
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

This one is interesting, no mention of a slipcase, and I can not see one in the photos.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tolkien-The ... tible&hash=item25786bf505

Khamûl, a lot of 99p Folio sealed sets are appearing, 'knocked off' may be correct

"I remember a good five years (or so) ago, a guy (in Glasgow; where HC printed all these editions) was selling piles of sealed HarperCollins editions; mainly the black deluxe incarnations.". I think an employee ended up in prison for stealing these from HarperCollins.

HarperCollins Fork Lift Driver sells £100k of books

Dec 3, 2012 - in Collector's Marketplace
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

I think I actually bought an item from him, & collected it from his house! He offered me some other deluxe editions while I was there...

BH

1 ... 152 153 (154) 155 156 ... 320
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us