Tolkien Collector's Guide
Interesting eBay Auctions

Interesting eBay Auctions

Mar 14, 2012

I am going to start putting interesting eBay auctions I run across (separate from the head scratching thread The Wonders of eBay ) that I think are interesting or worth a look. Feel free to add your own, or add commentary on anything posted here. I am not the seller or affiliated with any of these sellers, by default.
Load previous replies
Feb 7, 2013
Very nice. Will be interesting to note what it goes for. I think Martin was quite unlucky that nobody snapped it up, at the price he had it listed at. That other copy went for £655 with a sunned spine; Martin had his up for £780 (or thereabouts), but with the option to offer. Not much difference, & his/this copy is arguably in better condition.

Thanks Martin, who cough... isn't a member here...

BH
Feb 7, 2013
Indeed - I have a cold coming too! B
Feb 7, 2013
So, Laurel, have you had any dealings with this eBay seller martin3636cat, who's auctions we're discussing?

BH
Feb 7, 2013
LOL
Plenty as well you know.

I never mix business with pleasure but just for the record and not wishing to cause anyone any embarassment, not that it will stop any of you guys from giving me your honest opinion ! we are indeed one of the same person.

Ps anyone want to buy a Hobbit
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks for clearing that up Laurel!

BH
Feb 7, 2013

Ok laurel then get my parcel ready

I would take your # 3 Hobbit and the Sil
Feb 7, 2013
An unusual item, though it may be ex-library, if you are interested check out the 4th picture supplied

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-R-R-Tolki ... ks_UK&hash=item20cf27fa55

Feb 7, 2013
Nice little set & nice price (£29.99), if you don't have it. Pretty sure they're all 1st impressions (generally) in this boxset.

THE HOBBIT, THE HISTORY OF THE HOBBIT & RETURN TO BAG END (HARDBACK BOX SET) NEW

BH

Feb 7, 2013
No idea if anyone is interested in the US/HM versions of these editions (or whether they, unlike the UK editions, run into later impressions) --but £20, including postage, is about as cheap as you're likely to acquire three volumes of LR, of this size:

Tolkien Lord of the Rings trilogy Centenary set illustrated by Alan Lee

BH

Load more
Jump to Last