New Book Releases
1 ... 31 32 (33) 34 35 ... 116

Re: New Book Releases

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Okay, cheers Stu; I ain't missed one then!

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Just got the pocket The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, and at the back of the book Mr Bliss is listed as being in the same series i.e. pocket editions. The current Mr Bliss is not a pocket edition, so unless it is a mistake we should see a pocket Mr Bliss as well.

By Karl

Group:
Fellowship

I get the feeling that it is a mistake based on the description which matches the current Mr Bliss:

"Published here for the first time with Tolkien's own colorful illustrations integrated into his comical story, this book also includes the original handwritten version of the story printed in facsimile at the back, giving readers of all ages two ways of enjoying this remarkable book."

Though if this is the case, then why not include Mr Bliss's companion Letters from Father Christmas in the series? Who knows? Personally, I'd be surprised if they did a pocket Mr Bliss.

Group:
Shirefolk

I see the latest Hobbit movie tie-in paperback has been published. I've just ordered what appears to be a B-format version. I know there has also previously been an A-format equivalent, described as an 'International edition'. Anyone found one this year?

Also, for the past two years there has been a non-movie paperback with an illustrated cover, with the caption 'International children's bestseller'. Has anyone spotted an equivalent this year?

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Really looking forward to this from Wayne G. Hammond & Christina Scull.

Open in new window

"Only now can we say that our latest Tolkien project – which has occupied much of our time this summer and early autumn – is The Art of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. With the 60th anniversary of the first (U.K.) publication of The Return of the King coming next year, HarperCollins asked us for a Lord of the Rings companion to our successful Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. We quickly agreed, then took time to think about what the new book should contain and how we should approach the subject."

http://wayneandchristina.wordpress.co ... olkien-projects-part-two/

By laurel

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Wow now that looks nice.

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Now that is something to look forward to!

Which means my decision to purchase no more new books after 2014 already has an exception.

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

The Easton Press have released Beowulf, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.eastonpress.com/Books/prod/E42/BEOWULF_3006.aspx

Group:
Shirefolk

The Story of Kullervo by J.R.R.Tolkien - 27 August 2015:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Story-Kullerv ... 3&sr=1-6&keywords=tolkien

From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk

Is HarperCollins planning to reissue the HoMe deluxe series in a single slipcase? Or does anybody know something about this HoMe edition?

(photo comes from HC's "The Hobbit" Facebook page)

205_54970a7c8d434.jpg 720X720 px

1 ... 31 32 (33) 34 35 ... 116
All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us