Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

7 Feb, 2010
2010-2-7 11:58:23 AM UTC
Facinating trivia! Quite looking forward to watching now; questions will undoudtedly be a load of nonsense though. I guess, now, all they have to do is have a copy of C&G to hand to set the questions! Like to see if any questions (or how many) are film orientated.
7 Feb, 2010
2010-2-7 12:42:33 PM UTC
Sadly I don\'t think they will even go so far as to consult C&G (they would have to have a copy for a start).

I expect the question setter will type Tolkein(sic) into Google and then click on Did you mean Tolkien and finally click on the first link, Wikipedia.

I think it will be interesting to check if all the questions are on the Wikipedia article.
7 Feb, 2010
2010-2-7 1:52:19 PM UTC
Mastermind are meant to pay careful attention to question setting. I have seen a couple of TV programmes about it (quite a few years ago now), and they do contact several experts in each field.

- wellinghall
7 Feb, 2010
2010-2-7 1:58:12 PM UTC
I think they used to do that but not now, I'd love to be proved wrong though. They should consult people like Tom Shippey.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us