Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Kullervo paperback

16 Sep, 2018
2018-9-16 11:26:54 PM UTC

If anyone happens to have the first or second impression of new Kullervo paperback (or sees one in a store), I'd be grateful if you could share a picture of the title verso, or even just the 'printed and bound' line. Trying to differentiate between the UK and Canadian prints.
18 Sep, 2018 (edited)
2018-9-18 9:18:13 PM UTC
I received a copy marked 3rd Printing (on my pre-order). Not sure if this is a mistake.

Same thing happened with my pre-order of the Beren & Luthien Paperback - a 3rd Printing.

Attached is the copyright page for Kullervo paperback.

11_5ba16b6bbfeae.jpg 2160X2880 px
18 Sep, 2018
2018-9-18 11:36:59 PM UTC

remy wrote:
I received a copy marked 3rd Printing (on my pre-order). Not sure if this is a mistake.

Same thing happened with my pre-order of the Beren & Luthien Paperback - a 3rd Printing.

Attached is the copyright page for Kullervo paperback.

Thank you so much Remy, much appreciated. The copy I received a couple weeks ago was also a 3rd; from BookDepository.

Hammond/Scull also mention receiving a later print of Kullervo and B&L, and that they found a B&L 1st later on in a store (Waterstones?). For whatever reason the B&L I got from BookDepository, pre-ordered only a few days before release, was a 1st. I wonder if there might be any rhyme or reason to this and if buying from one vendor might be better than another; i.e. Amazon vs. BookDepository, etc.

I did happen to track down someone with a 1st of Kullervo, here's the CR page. For those interested (probably just me ) there's also a Canadian printing out there.

4451_5ba18c1bd4e99.jpg 563X800 px
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us