Tolkien Collector's Guide

Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Kullervo paperback

Kullervo paperback

Sep 16, 2018

If anyone happens to have the first or second impression of new Kullervo paperback (or sees one in a store), I'd be grateful if you could share a picture of the title verso, or even just the 'printed and bound' line. Trying to differentiate between the UK and Canadian prints.
Sep 18, 2018
(edited)
I received a copy marked 3rd Printing (on my pre-order). Not sure if this is a mistake.

Same thing happened with my pre-order of the Beren & Luthien Paperback - a 3rd Printing.

Attached is the copyright page for Kullervo paperback.

11_5ba16b6bbfeae.jpg 2160X2880 px
Sep 18, 2018

remy wrote:
I received a copy marked 3rd Printing (on my pre-order). Not sure if this is a mistake.

Same thing happened with my pre-order of the Beren & Luthien Paperback - a 3rd Printing.

Attached is the copyright page for Kullervo paperback.

Thank you so much Remy, much appreciated. The copy I received a couple weeks ago was also a 3rd; from BookDepository.

Hammond/Scull also mention receiving a later print of Kullervo and B&L, and that they found a B&L 1st later on in a store (Waterstones?). For whatever reason the B&L I got from BookDepository, pre-ordered only a few days before release, was a 1st. I wonder if there might be any rhyme or reason to this and if buying from one vendor might be better than another; i.e. Amazon vs. BookDepository, etc.

I did happen to track down someone with a 1st of Kullervo, here's the CR page. For those interested (probably just me ) there's also a Canadian printing out there.

4451_5ba18c1bd4e99.jpg 563X800 px
Jump to Last