Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

1 Sep, 2021
2021-9-1 5:04:12 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

We tend to not discuss on this board, the Peter Jackson films that much as most members seem to be much more interested in other adaptations, such as audio-books, BBC Radio adaptations, Bakshi and Rankin Bass productions.

I am much more interested in these than the Peter Jackson films, I can watch the PJ Lord of the Rings but can't think of anything worse than watching his production of The Dwarves.

I can sit through 'fellowship', and I can watch the coming of the rohirrim to the Pelennor, but really i'm just hoping the amazon series can restore my faith in filming middle-earth. Perhaps the fact that the series will have more distance from the books I love will make it easier to enjoy the tv-series....
7 Sep, 2021
2021-9-7 5:41:52 PM UTC
As Olwe pointed out, someone at Warner Bros. Entertainment should look up how to spell the name of the property that they are publicising.

Middle Earth(sic) Collection | Ultimate Collector's Edition | Warner Bros. Entertainment

7 Sep, 2021
2021-9-7 9:05:38 PM UTC
An Ultimate version would take to every single movie with a very sharp editing knife. The Hobbits can't be salvaged, but LoTR would be pretty watchable with an hour of Jackson-Walshism cut out across the entire trilogy. The one thing PJ never has grasped is the idea that less can be more.
7 Sep, 2021
2021-9-7 9:19:43 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

An Ultimate version would take to every single movie with a very sharp editing knife. The Hobbits can't be salvaged, but LoTR would be pretty watchable with an hour of Jackson-Walshism cut out across the entire trilogy. The one thing PJ never has grasped is the idea that less can be more.

If they cut 70% of prolonged close-ups of suffering-frodo-face, they would have had time for the old forrest ?
7 Sep, 2021
2021-9-7 9:51:06 PM UTC

northman wrote:

Stu wrote:

If they cut 70% of prolonged close-ups of suffering-frodo-face, they would have had time for the old forrest ?

Yep, and they could cut out some photos of Sam looking lovingly at Frodo and fit in the Barrow Wights.
7 Sep, 2021
2021-9-7 9:57:25 PM UTC
They could cut out Tauriel and fit in The Hobbit
7 Sep, 2021
2021-9-7 9:58:52 PM UTC

onthetrail wrote:

BOOM!
7 Sep, 2021
2021-9-7 10:05:22 PM UTC

onthetrail wrote:

Ouch ?
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us