The Fellowship Of The Ring: Being the First Part of The Lord of the Rings
$11.99
TolkienGuide is an Amazon.com affiliate
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Nov 27, 2021
2021/11/27 1:12:06 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
+I can't say yet, because I haven't received the galleys. In manuscript it runs to around 70 pages single-spaced, but I don't know how that will translate into TS' rather smaller page size. Suffice it to say it won't be a hefty tome, though somewhat thicker than a pamphlet.
Nov 27, 2021
2021/11/27 3:42:57 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

W C Hicklin wrote:

+I can't say yet, because I haven't received the galleys. In manuscript it runs to around 70 pages single-spaced, but I don't know how that will translate into TS' rather smaller page size. Suffice it to say it won't be a hefty tome, though somewhat thicker than a pamphlet.

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to the release.
Jan 15
2022/1/15 10:12:00 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
We can now preorder the Vol. 19, but no sign of the supplement :
https://wvupressonline.com/journals/tolkien_studies
Mar 6
2022/3/6 8:53:29 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
About the order, the wvup page was recently updated.

In spring/summer 2022, a special supplemental issue to volume 19 will be published: J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Chronology of The Lord of the Rings," edited, with introduction, notes, and commentary by William Cloud Hicklin; a preface by William Fliss; and a special introduction by the editors. The supplement will be published in paperback and online on Project MUSE. Individuals who wish to receive the supplement in print should purchase a print subscription to volume 19 (which can be preordered as indicated below). Upon publication, the online supplement will be available for purchase on Project MUSE.

Individuals may purchase print subscriptions, for volumes 18 (2021) and 19 (2022), from our partner Duke University Press Journal Services:

Order online at https://wvupjournals.dukeupress.edu/tolkien-studies
Order by phone at (888) 651-0122 or +1 (919) 688-5134
Order by email at orders@dukeupress.edu
Jump to Last