Tolkien Collector's Guide
#1 Super Deluxe Children of Hurin for sale

#1 Super Deluxe Children of Hurin for sale

Apr 20, 2008 - in Collector's Marketplace
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Hello everyone

I was lucky enough to acquire copy number 1 of the super deluxe edition of "Children of Hurin". I could be persuaded to sell this, for the right price.

If you're interested before it goes on eBay, please drop me a line, to:
andrew at avro707 dot force9 dot co dot uk, saying how much you would be prepared to pay before p&p (which I will charge at cost). If we can find some way to do it without PayPal or bank charges, I'll be all the happier.

Thanks

wellinghall

Re: #1 Super Deluxe Children of Hurin for sale

Apr 20, 2008 - in Collector's Marketplace
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Come on then -where did you get it?

On the matter of low numbered De Luxe's. There had been some discussion at publication time about #1 and #2 going to CJRT and AL. But ?thekerosinkid (eBayer; can't remember the exact eBay ID) stated he was a family member, and was selling an unnumbered copy! It went for £400.

This doesn't affect your prized #1 wellinghall, but if this story is to believed, family/estate copies were probably unnumbered.

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

By Stu

Re: #1 Super Deluxe Children of Hurin for sale

Apr 22, 2008 - in Collector's Marketplace

I got number 3, and I am pretty sure from the transaction ID on my purchase that I was probably the second transaction in line (and if I hadn't farted around for 15 minutes, I would have probably been first and snagged number 1 myself!). I think 1 and 2 were probably just sold as a pair to a regular punter like me, rather than having gone to anyone 'special' (well, 'famous', anyway).

I personally think the numbers don't make a whole lot of difference (especially as these books are not exactly in short supply!), but hey, maybe it does matter to some people... :)

Stu (Metapraxis)

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us