2023-1-7 2:50:21 PM UTC
This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: mainstreetfinebooks
(213)
Ended Jan 7, 2023
This item ended more than 90 days ago
7 Jan, 2023
2023-1-7 5:18:27 PM UTC
I bought this book on abe yesterday right after it has been listed. I see the seller also listed it on ebay, and that the listing has also been completed on ebay. I hope the seller will priorize my purchase as it has been done 1 day earlier the ebay listing ...
7 Jan, 2023
2023-1-7 6:39:21 PM UTC
This item
Seller: kingscollectables26
(5037)
Ended Jan 4, 2023

has been flipped to
Seller: dogfark
(2528)
Ended Jul 11, 2023
7 Jan, 2023
2023-1-7 8:46:24 PM UTC

Emilien wrote:

I bought this book on abe yesterday right after it has been listed. I see the seller also listed it on ebay, and that the listing has also been completed on ebay. I hope the seller will priorize my purchase as it has been done 1 day earlier the ebay listing ...

That was me who purchased on eBay, the dealer has cancelled my order. Congrats Emilien. I was one day too slow.
7 Jan, 2023
2023-1-7 9:37:39 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Emilien wrote:

That was me who purchased on eBay, the dealer has cancelled my order. Congrats Emilien. I was one day too slow.

Can someone explain to me the significance of this book outside of it being from oxford? Personal library of tolkien?

EDIT: Nvm I see it has a writing from tolkien from 1926. $66 seems kind of cheap for such an item, don't you think?
8 Jan, 2023 (edited)
2023-1-8 12:05:04 AM UTC
Seller: stthorfinn
(1038)
Ended Feb 20, 2023

nice enough set, no slip case. Fellowship's dust jacket looks crunched on the spine. The boards looks like someone spilt something on them on top there.

I've been looking for this exact set but I want one with the slip case.
8 Jan, 2023
2023-1-8 5:55:46 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Emilien wrote:

Thank you Chad
9 Jan, 2023
2023-1-9 9:45:56 AM UTC

Emilien wrote:

Good catch, emilien! Seems to be in great condition!
9 Jan, 2023
2023-1-9 9:54:22 AM UTC
Thanks Éarendel !
Yes, it seems very fine. Sadly it's missing its dust jacket, but I guess it is really hard to find with a DJ.
It's sufficiently difficult to find it not being an ex-lib, and I 've seen only one *not ex-lib* copy in the last 3 years, with gilt titles completely faded on the spine, and at £500. Looking for it for years !
Also like the story behind it :
"Ownership signature on front flyleaf of Father Karl G. Schroeder (1910-99), long-time English professor known for Chaucer and Shakespeare courses at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa (1938-94); Schroeder received bachelor and master's degrees from Oxford -- the "Campion Hall / Oxford" below his signature notes his residency as a student there in the 1930s"
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us