Trotter wrote:

Dagoth wrote:

Trotter wrote:

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: jameslefthanded
(517)
Ended Mar 13, 2023
This item ended more than 90 days ago
Just want to give a heads up. I won this bid 17 days ago or so. It has been 16 days since I've received correspondence from the seller, and I paid immediately. He said he was going to ship it Royal Mail. I've sent multiple messages over the past few weeks asking for tracking number or a status update and he has not replied. Also, Ebay still says its status is "awaiting dispatch". Left a negative feedback and here's a warning to others.

Hope he either ships it or you get your money back. I always pay via PayPal on eBay, as that gives me another avenue to pursue if something like this happens, to get your money back.
Thanks. I don't really know how to get my money back unfortunately. I paid $285 after shipping and taxes. If it randomly shows up at my door in the next few weeks, great I guess.
1 Apr, 2023
2023-4-1 10:44:30 PM UTC
You may have to wait another couple of weeks, but then you can try this.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/retur ... tem-hasnt-arrived?id=4042
1 Apr, 2023
2023-4-1 11:03:24 PM UTC
Ah Ok, the dangers of bidding on ebay after one too many glasses of weekend wine, easy to get caught out I guess
2 Apr, 2023
2023-4-2 2:33:29 AM UTC
Wow, leaving negative feedback after only 17 days on an international purchase, for a seller with *no* negative feedback in the previous 12 months? Seems a bit aggressive. Maybe the seller had a life emergency?
2 Apr, 2023
2023-4-2 4:52:50 AM UTC
With the seller's good feedback, its likely just a matter of time. NB Most of my overseas ebay buys currently have ETA end of next month.
2 Apr, 2023 (edited)
2023-4-2 5:14:57 AM UTC
Cutting off correspondence over 19 days is the reason why. He hasn’t answered any of my messages for weeks (I've sent 3 requesting a tracking number and one more an update, and I've sent one notifying him of the negative feedback and that I will change it if I receive the item/or if he sends me a message). It can be changed if he replies or I get the item.

Also, I completely get there could be some emergency going on. I'm not privy to that info, so the negative feedback stays until I either receive word from the seller or the item. Like I said, the seller can submit a feedback change and I can change it later. As of right now, Ebay has not even been notified that it has shipped. I have NEVER purchased anything from Ebay shipped via Royal Mail, or anything else from Canada etc. where Ebay wasn't aware the item was shipped.

I feel like I'm being completely reasonable here. No offense. There's nothing aggressive after being suspicious when someone charges you an invoice for shipping, then drops absolutely all communication right afterward for 3 weeks. (And he was very talkative and communicated just fine up until I paid for the item. The very message after I paid is when he stopped replying)

His account could even be compromised and I just got scammed, we just don't know.
2 Apr, 2023
2023-4-2 11:11:59 AM UTC

Dagoth wrote:

As of right now, Ebay has not even been notified that it has shipped. I have NEVER purchased anything from Ebay shipped via Royal Mail, or anything else from Canada etc. where Ebay wasn't aware the item was shipped.

Not sure what you are getting at here?

In the UK when I sell stuff I now use the ebay courier service but until recently I used to shop around, if I take something to the post office myself or arrange my own courier ebay has no way of knowing this unless I manually update this info on the ebay site, often I wouldn't bother telling ebay since the item would be there next day

For info I have bought books from the US in the past 6 months eg 1st edition atlas of middle earth purchased 9th Dec and arrived 28th Dec
2 Apr, 2023
2023-4-2 11:46:26 AM UTC

Dagoth wrote:

I feel like I'm being completely reasonable here. No offense.

His account could even be compromised and I just got scammed, we just don't know.

You aren't being reasonable here.

And yes, you don't know, which is why you shouldn't leave negative feedback until you know something. You're going to need to develop more patience in the future if you want to continue to buy overseas.
2 Apr, 2023
2023-4-2 12:03:42 PM UTC
Don't lose hope of it ever arriving. I waited nearly 3 months for a copy of Dune from Canada.
2 Apr, 2023
2023-4-2 12:44:57 PM UTC
eBay has a money back guarantee on every purchase, so the risk here is extremely low. I’ve never had trouble getting my money back when things arrived damaged, or never arrived at all (lost in the mail).
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us