I love the look of the US second edition box sets, so I was checking those out on eBay. Would have jumped on a 13, 12, 12 set (1976, the year I was born) which should be available in both black and red boxsets, but didn't see one. 12, 11, 11 seems to be the most common and seems to have been a large number of BCE sets. Saw some decent deals on various sets but then saw some individual books in my eBay searches last night and thought about getting a non boxset version, either the 13, 12, 12 (found nice versions of the 12s) or an 8, 6, 5 to match my 1959 first edition set.

Last night I came across a first print FotR at a good price though, so I jumped on it. Found a first or second print ($6 price in pics, no Publisher page pic) RotK with a kind of ratty DJ cheap, so I got it too. Couldn't find a TT with DJ for less than $100, so still looking for that. Kind of wish I hadn't gotten the RotK and just got the last two in the nice 1976 printings I found, but the hunt for firsts is hard to put off. Didn't get to bed until midnight due to the search :/