Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

By Taivo
Quite a regular

New Mongolian

23 April (edited)
2024-4-23 8:25:25 PM UTC

I was recently pointed to a brand new translation into Mongolian by a Mongolian visitor to my website, Adiyasuren Jamiyandagva, who saw that I was only lacking a translation into that language. Unlike the previous Mongolian translation, which was a translation from Russian into Mongolian, this one is directly from English. Fellowship was published in March, Two Towers will be published later in 2024, and Return published in early 2025. I ordered my copy from internom.mn. The exchange rate is quite good so it's not very expensive even with shipping. They shipped to the US without any problems. (I assume it's just as easy to ship to Europe.) And even better, once I received my copy this morning, I reached the first major milestone in my collection: At least one translation from every language that LOTR has been translated into so far. I'll go buy a celebration cake later this evening :)

It's very well (hard)bound and printed on good quality paper with a ribbon. The scanned images are from the front and back of the dust jacket (which is also heavy-duty glossy paper).

5095_6628192468649.jpg 614X480 px
23 April
2024-4-23 10:56:37 PM UTC
Congratulations! How many languages is that, then?
23 April
2024-4-23 11:24:13 PM UTC
55. Frisian, Dutch, Afrikaans, German, Yiddish, Icelandic, Faroese, Norwegian (Nynorsk), Norwegian (Bokmål), Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Russian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, French, Catalan, Spanish, Portuguese, Galician, Italian, Romanian, Albanian, Greek, Armenian, Farsi, Marathi, Bengali, Sinhala, Hungarian, Finnish, Estonian, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Azerbaijani, Uzbek, Mongolian, Japanese, Korean, Basque, Georgian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian
24 April
2024-4-24 2:39:31 AM UTC

Taivo wrote:

And even better, once I received my copy this morning, I reached the first major milestone in my collection: At least one translation from every language that LOTR has been translated into so far. I'll go buy a celebration cake later this evening

Very cool milestone. Congratulations!
24 April
2024-4-24 5:02:25 AM UTC
That's great, very well done.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us