I was reading the entry for 7th November 1972 in the Chronology from The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide by Wayne & Christina (page 768) and noticed the following quote from Tolkien to Rayner Unwin.

I assume that Tolkien is referring to these posters.

https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/w ... =Middle+Earthworm+Posters

'Many of our "public schools" are filled with the most degraded posters purporting to be illustrations of The Lord of the Rings. I provided Miss Hill with a copy of a fearful thing bearing in enormous letters GOLLUM which I believe she has sent to United Artists. These things appear to be produced in America .... They are even on sale in reputable bookshops like Blackwell's' (Tolkien-George Allen & Unwin archive, HarperCollins).

I am also slightly confused by the entry for the 13th November 1972 on the same page

Rayner Unwin writes to Tolkien. Oz have apologized after Allen & Unwin issued a writ. They will try and suppress the posters.

Oz were importing and selling Ballantine copies of The Lord of the Rings in the UK which was a copyright infringement hence the writ, but were they also importing and selling the posters?