Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

By Beren
Home away from home

Any users on Tsu yet?

3 Jan, 2015 (edited)
2015-1-3 10:05:02 PM UTC

Don't know if any of you is on Tsu yet, if so please let us connect!
It is a new social media platform that is easy and fun. Just like facebook but more simple and sideeffect is that you get paid to be active (ok is just pennies but overall after one month made about 10 $ - so indeed a side effect). However the network is growing fast and is in my opinion better then all other platforms, since the community drives the changes that happen there and not the other way around.

Just 74 days after officially launching, Tsu’s social network and payment platform has eclipsed 2 million users!

Consider these numbers: In 13,148 hours (a year and a half), #Facebook had 3.65 million users and #Twitter just over a half-million (503,000). #Tsu’s 2 million plus worldwide users took just 1,776 hours to capture.

It currently has an #Alexa global rank of 2,408 (ranking 2,332 in the United States) making it the most viral social networking platform in the world!

Guess if you desire to, come and check it out using this invite code:
http://www.tsu.co/TolkienLibrary or just TolkienLibrary make sure to send me a friend request and I'll welcome you and guide you around. But it is fun and hope many Tolkien fans come and join in!

Update on TSU

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/16/spam ... -shuts-down/?guccounter=1

2_54a86780266d2.jpg 540X418 px
4 Jan, 2015
2015-1-4 2:44:02 AM UTC
Anyone who does sign up should read the T & Cs (not the FAQ, which is misleading) with regards to ownership, attribution of content, perpetual licensing, etc. There is no such thing as a free-ride and TSU is no exception. It isn't quite a Multi-Level-Marketing scheme (people get paid based on their own page views and also the page views of people they have introduced to the network, so it is perilously close), but it needs to be treated with a bit of skepticism at this stage, IMHO.
4 Jan, 2015
2015-1-4 9:51:27 AM UTC
yes skepticism is always good, but so far I'm having far more fun on this new platform then on all the others together. It feels and acts like a community. For example it is possible to discuss things with the Tsu team and founder and never saw that happen on other social networks + we have managed to gather together tons of money for charity ... which would be attractive to any hobbit out there.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us