New Server!

New Server!

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Welcome to the new hosting server for the Tolkien Collector's Guide website. Please let me know if you see any strange behavior. The main update already in place is that the site is now fully on HTTPS for secure browsing. Welcome!

By Lokki

Re: New Server!

Group:
Shirefolk

Thank you! It is always a pleasure to be here! Cheers!

Group:
Shirefolk

Thank you!

By Eorl

Group:
Shirefolk

Nice! Thanks for maintaining this space

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Jeremy, looks like there is a problem with uploading files. I tried adding some to the "laminated longmans" thread, and I can queue them up OK, but they don't appear as attachments to the post.

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Good catch! Directory permission issue. Should be working now, thanks for letting me know.

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Urulöké wrote:
Good catch! Directory permission issue. Should be working now, thanks for letting me know.

Yep, she now be workin'. Good man.

Group:
Shirefolk

Enjoying the new server :) for the last few months for some reason work was blocking the forums on the old server, no issue with the new one though :)

Jan 12 - in Tolkien Collector's Guide Website (edited)
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Emoji test (using mobile keyboard)

❤️🤬😜🎟🇲🇬🧐😉

Update: for those wondering, the site now supports full 4 byte UTF-8 characters, so your posts can contain emoji, for example. A mobile friendly version of the site is in the works (more on that soon), but even from a desktop/laptop you can also use the full range of emoji using native extended keyboard shortcuts:

Mac: ctrl + command + spacebar

PC: "windows" key + . (that's a period) OR "windows" key + ; (that's a semicolon) - documentation says both, but I have not tested extensively. This may only be supported in Windows 10.

Note that all non-mobile browsers seem to be somewhat slow in supporting the latest emoji - there are new ones added every year, and I have seen that some don't show up on non-latest Chrome, Safari and Explorer/Edge. Just be aware that some of your emoji might not show up for other users depending on what browser they are using.

Group:
Shirefolk

👍👍👍 Thanks as always for keeping this place going!

© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us