I've been following Tolkien publications since about 2002. Since then, I've seen a variety of Tolkien books, or books about Tolkien.

However, there have been a few things that I've wished to see, but haven't yet - because they don't exist.

Here are items I'd buy in a heartbeat:

- The Great Tales poster collection by Alan Lee
Remember those poster sets, that were art prints? (Lord of the Rings poster collection/Centenary Poster Collection, Lord of the Rings Poster Collection 2, The Hobbit Poster Collection, The Silmarillion Poster Collection, Myth and Magic Poster Collection and Images of Middle-earth) I'd love to see Lee's great tales artwork presented as such. It could contain 6 prints, 2 from each of the great tales books, with the front and rear dustjacket images appearing.

- A Middle-earth Traveller calendar by John Howe
If not for the illustrated Unfinished Tales coming out on its 40th anniversary, I was willing to bet that the 2021 Tolkien Calendar would be 'themed' around John Howe's A Middle-earth Traveller. Also, when's the last time John Howe was chosen for a calendar that featured only his art??

- The Silmarillion Sketchbook by Ted Nasmith
Alan Lee has two Sketchbooks, John Howe has one, now it's Ted's turn! He's done so much Silmarillion art (there are some images that didn't even appear in the 2004 edition!), I'd love to see it get the same recognition as the other two primary Tolkien artists.

- The Great Tales Sketchbook by Alan Lee
I believe, that across all three great tales books, there is enough content to warrant a Sketchbook themed around them.

- Letters (40th anniversary print on demand hardback edition)
Would be neat if Letters got added to the POD line, appearing as a facsimile of the original edition.

- The Silmarillion illustrated by Ted Nasmith
This would be in the same design style that the recent Hobbit + Lord of the Rings boxed set, the great tales, and the illustrated edition of Unfinished Tales. Illustrations from the 2008 paperback edition, as these editions feature a 'mix' of paper types (the 2004 edition was printed entirely on photo paper, thus allowing them to include more images). The map of Beleriand would appear as it did in the previous illustrated hardbacks. The book and ribbon-marker would be blue.

- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight standard hardback
Typically, when a new Tolkien book arrives, it follows this pattern: standard edition and slipcased edition available (usually) both available at the time of publication. 1-2 years later, the paperback appears. Sir Gawain was released a few months back, in the slipcased format....but where's the standard hardback edition?? Interesting to think of the design style: I believe it would like similar to Sigurd & Gudrun and The Fall of Arthur, but would also welcome if the dustjacket featured John Howe's artwork. Very similar to this exact cover: http://tolkienbooks.net/images/main/gpo1995.gif

That's pretty much all I can think of this time.