Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

12 May, 2021
2021-5-12 4:34:07 PM UTC
22 Jun, 2021 (edited)
2021-6-22 1:57:38 PM UTC

Wish E.V. Gordon had also got a mention.
21 Jul, 2021
2021-7-21 8:39:53 AM UTC
The trailer for this has grown on me -- I'll definitely give this a viewing when the opportunity arises, albeit I'll consider it to be its own story, not necessarily an adaptation.
26 Jul, 2021
2021-7-26 1:16:51 PM UTC
This is annoying I was planning to go and see this film as it has had very good reviews

The Green Knight's UK cinema release has been pulled due to coronavirus concerns.

The medieval fantasy epic, which stars Dev Patel, was due to hit cinemas on August 6 but due to the surge of COVID cases in the UK, the Entertainment Film Distributors have decided to hold the release for now.

Most of the COVID-19 restrictions have now been lifted and cinemas are currently open, and the time of writing, The Green Knight's US release is still going ahead on July 30.

The Green Knight is set in Arthurian times and follows Sir Gawain, a knight of the Round Table, and based on the poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a371 ... ht-cinema-release-pulled/
31 Jul, 2021
2021-7-31 4:17:18 PM UTC
How Lord of the Rings Influenced The Green Knight

Director David Lowery and Dev Patel reveal the inspirations and secrets behind The Green Knight.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/lord- ... luenced-the-green-knight/
31 Jul, 2021
2021-7-31 4:20:13 PM UTC
If anyone sees this, am interested in what they think about the film.
31 Jul, 2021
2021-7-31 4:45:41 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

I'm taking the fam to see it this afternoon. I'll let you know how it is.
2 Aug, 2021
2021-8-2 3:03:53 AM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Trotter wrote:

Visually stunning, epic in scope, and really three or four shorter stories tied together much like the original text.

It is loosely based on the original poem and I mean loosely. There are lots of liberties taken with Gawain's adventures before he reaches the North Lord's Castle for example. It is a really well made film. I would see it again.
2 Aug, 2021
2021-8-2 3:21:29 AM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Trotter wrote:

Visually stunning, epic in scope, and really three or four shorter stories tied together much like the original text.

It is loosely based on the original poem and I mean loosely. There are lots of liberties taken with Gawain's adventures before he reaches the North Lord's Castle for example. It is a really well made film. I would see it again.

Cool. No release date yet in this part of the world, unfortunately.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us